Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous about joining but know I need help

:welcome: Workingitout and Amisssue,

You have come to the right place for support. I find reading all the posts helps to make me feel I am not alone. You have taken the first big step to come her. Now it will take a lot of baby steps to get you to where you want to be.
    Good luck to both of you.
    :l :h :l
    "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."
    Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

Hi...You just get to a point where you quit. It is hard to say when or how..

For me:
      .you just know it is the last straw for you and you stop, period with NO excuses! That doesn't have to mean "no drinking": it just has to mean not drinking too much and / or at the wrong time! YOU and only You can decide when that might be.

Take the vitamins and do the cd's....they will help you! They did with me.
      Also when I first started I smoked 2+ packs a day! With the docs help and the support of this program early on I have7+ months smoke free and am A Non Smoker! It takes time and work...but It will all come together if you choose it to!

best wishes, tammie

Comment

I don't know where to begin but want to thank you all for your kind responses. Actually I have not checked them until now because I was embarrassed that the first night after I finally joined, I got really drunk, responded to one message while extremely drunk, wasn't sure what I said but knew the next morning I had. You know that dreaded feeling in the morning? Who did I talk to, who did I write? Luckily, I kept my communication to this board. I just got brave enough to check in to see what I wrote. It didn't make much sense, but not as bad as I expected. Well, I started taking nalprexone but have tried it before and I swear it makes me feel weird....like I need to stretch all the time...has anyone else had that?...but, it can't be as bad as a constant hangover so I'm going to keep trying. Side effects with the topomax were just too much for me..dumber than dirt, nervous, tingling... some of it I could deal with but I really need my brain at work and just couldn't think. I hate it b/c I noticed a huge difference with my alcohol cravings. Ironically, I wonder if I'm even I'm slower with a hangover.

I've realized that I need to have a set plan for the evening. I always wait until that 6:00 hour to think about what I'm going to do or what I'm going to eat for dinner (I live alone other than my two dogs who constantly stare at me hoping they get to do something besides watch me sit, smoke and drink...there's yet another guilt story as they are like my children). I'm always hungry at that time of day and of course ready for a drink. Sometimes I think I'll just go pick up something good to cook but then realize I "have" to get a good bottle of wine to go with it. Hard to shop near the beer and wine in the evening, at least for me. Maybe I'll try shopping at lunch. Well, being positive but just had this epiphany tonight after buying that bottle of wine. Will try to make tomorrow different.....

Comment

Dear workingitout-
          We have all been there, done that...not sure who we emailed, messaged, called, etc. It's one of the reasons why we're here-because we don't want to be embarrassed anymore (or even wonder if we should be embarrassed, but can't remember what we did!).
          Fortunately, you did keep it to this site. This is a safe place. You can come here when you're tired, sad, mad, happy, and even drunk. We take care of each other. :l
          Welcome, and I think you're on the right track. You're looking at your habits and motives. You're beginning to change.
          :goodjob:
          Tumadre
          Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
          Plato

Comment

Workingitout & Amissue :welcome:

You certainly have come to the right place .....

I cut down gradually to start with but when i finally made the decision to have some AF days, It was the thought of feeling so much better tomorrow that kept me going....

All the best, Paula
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
            X