August 19th 2015

Jane27 - Day 587
    Bran New Day - 17 Days
    IamMary - Day 32
    Daisy - Day 8
    NoraC - Day 24
    rooniferd - Day 12
    Star - Day 7 (Yay for you, Mary!)
    AlPro - Day 411 (Congrats on a week Star!)
    Elvis - Day 287
    Eloise 460
    Londoner - Day 3

Comment

August 19th 2015

Jane27 - Day 587
      Bran New Day - 17 Days
      IamMary - Day 32
      Daisy - Day 8
      NoraC - Day 24
      rooniferd - Day 12
      Elvis - Day 287
      Eloise 460
      Londoner - Day 3
      okoren day 376

Comment

August 19th 2015

Jane27 - Day 587
        Bran New Day - 17 Days
        IamMary - Day 32
        Daisy - Day 8
        NoraC - Day 24
        rooniferd - Day 12
        Elvis - Day 287
        Eloise 460
        Londoner - Day 3
        okoren day 376
        Addy (All Done Drinking...Yes!) ~ Day 34
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

August 20th 2015

Jane27 - Day 588
          AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

August 20th 2015

Jane27 - Day 588
            Eloise 461
            (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Prize PatrolI reporting for Duty ?.. Looks like I missed Star's 7 day accomplishment yesterday , sorry about that.

Your prize for this important milestone:butt: a little bit of the moon!
              More importantly, what is your plan Star? Have you set some goals for the coming days?
              So far, so good and it looks like you are off to a positive start!

Very happy for you Star!
              (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

August 20th 2015

Jane27 - Day 588
                Eloise 461
                Bran New Day - 18 Days
                Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
                Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

August 20th 2015

Jane27 - Day 588
                  Daisy - Day 9
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise View Post
                    And... here I am (Prize PatrolI) reporting for Duty IamMary!

30 days! One Month, so great!! It is time for your Speech, sharing is caring, so what have you got for us?
                    We want to hear how it went; how did you manage these last 30 days? Tricks? Pointers?
                    I think that this 30 day speech is a bit therapeutic and helps one to recap where they have been and where they would like to go.

Very happy for you Mary!
                    Ah Eloise, pressure! I don’t think I’m qualified yet to give take this stage! Stumbling across MWO has been critical, for support and accountably. This coupled with desperation, determination and my saviour, stubbornness.

I have let AL control me for the 25 years. For much of this, I could manage it, which made me slow to label myself as having a problem. ‘Managing’ meant only having a half bottle of wine on week nights, but who was I kidding, I always knew. I read somewhere, it’s not how much AL you drink, it’s the relationship you have with it that separates you from a normal drinker. Ours was not good, I was getting weaker, AL was getting stronger. I had started to top up my buzz with vodka. The lengths I went to concealing this were ridiculous!

I have tried this alone previously and reached 30 days on 2 occasions, but I had crumbled way before I actually poured that first glass. My trigger is 6 O’Clock. Hard to avoid this one! Making an effort with my new tipple helps: sparkling water, with ice, cordial and lime or lemon. I’m reading as much as I can, posting every day, listening to advise, running, appreciating my self confidence again. I was surprised to realise that i am actually good at my job (well in the last month anyway).
                    I mostly hangout in the fabulous Army, but support has been all over here from the first day I signed up. I will do some counselling too at a later point.

I refuse to let AL beat me, I spit on its every trick, thought and image it sends me - I focus on tomorrow morning when it gets tough. I WILL NOT let it win this time.

Thank you all again!
                    Last edited by IamMary; August 20, 2015, 03:48 AM.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

August 20th 2015

Jane27 - Day 588
                      Eloise 461
                      Bran New Day - 18 Days
                      Daisy - Day 9
                      IamMary - Day 33
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

August 20th 2015

Jane27 - Day 588
                        Eloise 461
                        Bran New Day - 18 Days
                        Daisy - Day 9
                        IamMary - Day 33
                        Londoner - Day 4

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                          Ah Eloise, pressure! I don’t think I’m qualified yet to give take this stage! Stumbling across MWO has been critical, for support and accountably. This coupled with desperation, determination and my saviour, stubbornness.

I have let AL control me for the 25 years. For much of this, I could manage it, which made me slow to label myself as having a problem. ‘Managing’ meant only having a half bottle of wine on week nights, but who was I kidding, I always knew. I read somewhere, it’s not how much AL you drink, it’s the relationship you have with it that separates you from a normal drinker. Ours was not good, I was getting weaker, AL was getting stronger. I had started to top up my buzz with vodka. The lengths I went to concealing this were ridiculous!

I have tried this alone previously and reached 30 days on 2 occasions, but I had crumbled way before I actually poured that first glass. My trigger is 6 O’Clock. Hard to avoid this one! Making an effort with my new tipple helps: sparkling water, with ice, cordial and lime or lemon. I’m reading as much as I can, posting every day, listening to advise, running, appreciating my self confidence again. I was surprised to realise that i am actually good at my job (well in the last month anyway).
                          I mostly hangout in the fabulous Army, but support has been all over here from the first day I signed up. I will do some counselling too at a later point.

I refuse to let AL beat me, I spit on its every trick, thought and image it sends me - I focus on tomorrow morning when it gets tough. I WILL NOT let it win this time.

Thank you all again!
                          Bravo Mary! You sound very wise to me! All you need to do is continue what you have been doing, remember EVERY DAY the choke hold AL had on you, and not drink. Before you know it, we'll be back here celebrating your 2 month milestone. The biggest weapon in this game is the accumulation of time. If you can commit to busting your butt during the first 4 months, those 4 months will take you far and keep you afloat. And then it gets easier. Here is a tip- don't loosen your grip when it does. This is where MWO and the daily self brainwashing come in; Work on cultivating a permanent reminder of how AL made you feel on your darkest days. Your 1 month achievement & post inspired the heck out of me; Its easy to get lost in the minutiae (ANY minutiae). That is just another ruse that AL uses to try and suck us back in. Keep up the awesome work! One more word of advice- also work to cultivate a daily reminder of how difficult it was for you to get into the mind set that got you to today. Its not a mind set you can take off the shelf any old day. One case of the fuck its could take you back to square one- nest thing you know, years may have gone by. You may never even get the desire and will to quit drinking again. Its a gift. I hope you feel proud & excited. I hope you will put your post in the tool box so that others can learn from it. xoxox Jane
                          Last edited by jane27; August 20, 2015, 09:22 AM.

Comment

August 20th 2015

Jane27 - Day 588
                            Eloise 461
                            Bran New Day - 18 Days
                            Daisy - Day 9
                            IamMary - Day 33
                            Londoner - Day 4

Comment

August 20th 2015

Jane27 - Day 588
                              Eloise 461
                              Bran New Day - 18 Days
                              Daisy - Day 9
                              IamMary - Day 33
                              Londoner - Day 4
                              AlPro - Day 412

Comment

August 20th 2015

Jane27 - Day 588
                                Eloise 461
                                Bran New Day - 18 Days
                                Daisy - Day 9
                                IamMary - Day 33
                                Londoner - Day 4
                                AlPro - Day 412
                                Star - Day 8 (So proud of us all...but, especially, Daisy, Londoner and me! We got it this time!)
                                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Working...
                                X