• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest Roll Call

Thursday June 13, 2019

abcowboy - Day 1612
    Elvis - Day 1682
    11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Thursday June 13, 2019

abcowboy - Day 1612
      Elvis - Day 1682
      Slo - Day 326
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Hello, everyone. Went to the theater with friends tonight. We usually have a glass of wine during intermission, then go out again afterward, or back to our hotel for the bar we set up. I had lemonade during intermission, and plain tonic with lime after. Okay, and some fried pickles! It was harder than I thought, as everyone’s beverages looked great, especially the Chardonnay. I admit I wavered and thought “one little glass won’t hurt” but the voice in my heart told me that was a lie. So I just said to myself, F you, Chardonnay...Now back to the hotel drinking my water and having a piece of fruit. Two more days in the city, two more plays. I feel like I am getting stronger each day, but I fear I am still weak also. Plus, I feel extremely jealous/resentful of those who can nurse a drink forever!����

Comment

Friday June 14, 2019

New Page - Day 1679
          Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Friday June 14, 2019

New Page - Day 1679
            abcowboy - Day 1613 (Good job on powering through Murph!)
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Friday June 14, 2019

New Page - Day 1679
              Slo - Day 327

Comment

[MENTION=24381]murph54[/MENTION], I feel jealous of people who can nurse a drink forever too, but the truth is I can’t nurse any beverage slowly; not soda, water, AF beer, or even coffee once it’s somewhat cooled.
                F u Chardonnay is right! That one is hard because it chills the glass and then looks particularly pretty.
                You’re doing a great job in these challenging situations!

Comment

Friday June 14, 2019

New Page - Day 1679
                  Slo - Day 327
                  Over-it-Day 8
                  The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Saturday June 15, 2019

abcowboy - Day 1614 (great to have you back [MENTION=20472]Overit-still[/MENTION], one day at a time!)
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I know it might not seem like it’s possible now, but that feeling of jealousy goes away over time. It’s hard to explain, but one day it will just click, and you’ll actually start to feel sorry for those who can’t enjoy an evening out, or sit down for dinner without pouring themselves a drink. You’ll start to notice with even those that just stick to one drink, how much less energy and happy they are. It’s hard to explain, but only something a non-drinker picks up on and understands. Anyway, you’re doing great by sticking to lemonade, soda, or whatever your N/A drink of choice is. For every new social situation that you don’t drink in, it gets easier the next time you are in that situation. I’m proud of everyone who posts here!

Saturday June 15, 2019

abcowboy - Day 1614 (great to have you back [MENTION=20472]Overit-still[/MENTION], one day at a time!)
                      Elvis - Day 1684
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Saturday June 15, 2019

Elvis - Day 1684
                        New Page - Day 1680
                        Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Saturday June 15, 2019

Elvis - Day 1684
                          New Page - Day 1680
                          Slo - Day 328

Comment

Sunday June 16, 2019

abcowboy - Day 1615

Comment

Sunday June 16, 2019

abcowboy - Day 1615
                              Slo - Day 329

Comment

Sunday June 16, 2019

abcowboy - Day 1615
                                Slo - Day 329
                                New Page - Day 1681