X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest Roll Call

Sunday October 10, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2462
    Slo - Day 1176 (Haha, Mulburry!) (I’m happy for you that you can moderate, 3Bots!)
    Elvis - Day 2532 (Good job Mulberry! Nice to hear from you 3 bottles!)
    11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeBottlesOfWine View Post
      Hi everyone, I just want to write a little something, I don't even know if anyone's interested here or not but I want to say what is in my heart anyway. I want to thank you all for being here when I needed you all, slo, Elvis, acowboy, Shirley, Guitar!...to name but a few... I still need you all and I still look in from time to to time, I think about you all. Sorry for going AWOL but I felt this was not my place to post anymore because I drink from time to time now, never get drunk, I even have enough at home to get drunk if I wanted to, I've no longer the desire or need to get drunk nor do I drink during the week, Friday, Saturday maybe one or two here at home or down the local. I don't know why I came in to tell you this, I hope you don't feel envy, I don't know what happened but I dealt with a lot of the situations that were causing me pain, the pain I used to dull with getting drunk, I dealt with my father and other past trauma and soon after that the need to abuse myself stopped. That's why I don't post here. I was thinking I could post x days not being an alcoholic but I guess that wouldn't be fair. I'll drop in from time to time to drop a like and a heart. Sending love to all.
      I'm glad you're able to enjoy alcohol and not let it get out of hand (but I'd add the caveat to be careful and listen to your body, cause it can be a slippery slope). I know this doesn't apply to everyone, and some may not agree with this perspective: but I still think that booze, when used in an appropriate manner, can be life enhancing (heck a lot of my best memories involve drinking with friends). If I could go back in time and give myself advice I think (aside from warning myself on how bad it can get), I'd tell myself to enjoy alcohol but use it sparingly for where it's best, as a social lubricant; if you use it as a drug or a crutch you'll end up ruining it for yourself and not be able to enjoy it's benefits at all.
      Anyways, here's a summery of story for some more context: https://www.mywayout.org/community/t...-got-here.html

Comment

Monday October 11, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2463
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Monday October 11, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2463
          Slo - Day 1177 (Same here, Mulburry!)
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Tuesday October 12, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2464
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Tuesday October 12, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2464
              Slo - Day 1178

Comment

Tuesday October 12, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2464
                Slo - Day 1178
                Elvis - Day 2534 (Be careful romanticizing alcohol. If you give yourself an "in" you will start drinking again. Remember why you are here, how you got here, and how much better your life is now without alcohol.)
                11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Wednesday October 13, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2465

Comment

abcowboy - Day 2465
                    Elvis - Day 2535
                    11/5/2014

Comment

abcowboy - Day 2465
                      Elvis - Day 2535
                      Mulburry - Day 30 (made it to a month pretty much; it's been a rough one, but starting to feel a bit better the last couple days)

Comment

Thursday October 14, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2466 (Huge Congrats on your 1 month [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]!)

Comment

Friday October 15, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2467

Comment

Friday October 15, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2467
                            Elvis - Day 2537 (Good job on one month+ Mullburry!)
                            11/5/2014

Comment

Friday October 15, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2467
                              Elvis - Day 2537 (Good job on one month+ Mullburry!)
                              Slo - Day 1181 (Well done, Mulburry!)

Comment

Saturday October 16, 2021

abcowboy - Day 2468

Comment

Working...
                                X