X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One and onward: The Diary of a chronic Aussie Drinker

Still booze free

Hope everyone is well
    If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Hi Martye,
      When I saw your post I was so excited to learn that you have accomplished a year+ AF. What a great inspiration. Perhaps you'd care to share with others on MWO what your journey the past year has been like?
      Free at Last
      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

@ Free At last, thanks for the kind words, I will try and put something together about being past a year sober. I did enjoy reading back through this thread and seeing what I went through!

If any one needs any honest advice on how to attempt a year sober feel free to reply or PM me.
        If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

G'day Marty!

Great to see you again. I was wondering how you were going. It would be beaut to hear how you went about achieving your year of sobriety. Congratulations friend. Bravo!

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Wonderful job Marty
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congrats Marty on your year sobriety. i started reading your post from the beginning and found one from myself stating "day 1 again" and here i am now at 6 months. It has been hard but well worth feeling how i am now. Its heartening to know that we can beat al with determination and hard work.

Congratulations again
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

These posts have been encouraging to me...a person on day 1. Congratulations, and thank you!
                Hope :h

Comment

Working...
                X