Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...I messed up!!

Thanks for your replies folks.

That's it, I'm ready to tackle it head on again, as of today. It's got to stop. Writing this from my bed where I've been all day, feeling horrendous. Phoned in sick to work...again. Already on a pesky absence monitoring thing, but I'll deal with that tomorrow. Need to look after myself today. Can't stop vomiting, sweating, stomach in so much pain and anxiety is through the roof. Damn poison! I'm going to keep how I'm feeling right now at the front of my mind to help keep me away from it. This is pure hell.

I'm away to reacquaint myself with the toolbox to get myself armed and ready.

Looking forward to getting that good life full of appreciation and gratitude back again!!

xxx

Comment

Wow...I messed up!!

You go JJ! Don't stop trying, today is a good day to start. Be seeing you around! G
      "A good garden may have some weeds"
      Thomas Fuller

Comment

Wow...I messed up!!

Come join the Roll Call. We'll all get back on top together.

Outstanding effort on the marathon, btw. Been there and they ain't easy!
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Wow...I messed up!!

I'm right there with you Jingle.:l

I have such a clear memory of being completely sick in the hotel room while taking my son to his chess tournament...he kept asking if I was OK...

We're going to pull free from this crappy position together :l

Remember lots of water and slow regular breathing to help,with the anxiety. Just keep thinking that many of those people at work have been in your position...But youre fighting back :goodjob:

:h
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Wow...I messed up!!

JingleJo;1530891 wrote: Thanks for your replies folks.

That's it, I'm ready to tackle it head on again, as of today. It's got to stop. Writing this from my bed where I've been all day, feeling horrendous. Phoned in sick to work...again. Already on a pesky absence monitoring thing, but I'll deal with that tomorrow. Need to look after myself today. Can't stop vomiting, sweating, stomach in so much pain and anxiety is through the roof. Damn poison! I'm going to keep how I'm feeling right now at the front of my mind to help keep me away from it. This is pure hell.

I'm away to reacquaint myself with the toolbox to get myself armed and ready.

Looking forward to getting that good life full of appreciation and gratitude back again!!

xxx
            Hi, Jingle,

Yes, today is a good day to start. I am a bit concerned about your withdrawals. Do you think you might need to see a doctor to ensure you are safe?

As for your job. Bad issue, I know, but your sobriety is worth more than any job or anything else, actually. Without your sobriety, you won't have a job anyway.

Please take care and let us know how you are doing.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wow...I messed up!!

Hey JJ,

Good to hear from you - and thank you for posting, really, it IS good to hear how you are and how you want to get back to rocking up the sober road.

I can't add too much - but do use us. Use anything that helps you - and ask - ASK for further advice or thoughts from peeps. What's worked for some, etc... there's as many routes out as there are people who suffer with problem drinking / addictions.

The biggest hurdle i reckon right now is just batting down the hatches and starting the fight back. That's today, tomorrow and the weekend. But you've done it before. You will do it again. You're a fighter for sure.

And never forget how much wiser you are today having gone through this since running the marathon. Never forget that. It is invaluable. Your thoughts, feelings and all the rest - remember them.

Anyways, you seem to know the way to start your way out - tool box being a perfect place. Also, for some (me and some others) the journal can help... this one would do... just keep posting, we'll keep reading and supporting.

:l Take care Glesga gal.

Comment

Wow...I messed up!!

Bit of a delayed response here, but thank you for your kind words. Very much appreciated.

Things, alcohol wise, have not been too good this end... sick of it x 1000000!

Scunnered.

Comment

Wow...I messed up!!

Are you ready to give it another and final GO? It would be great to see you over in the Newbies Nest. It isn't just for New Newbies! Welcome back!

Comment

Wow...I messed up!!

hey! :waving:

welcome back JJ! Really good to see you :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X