Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to be back

Morning, MR

You sound good - and ready to get this DONE :goodjob:!

So, what's the plan?

xx- NS

Comment

Glad to be back

Dear Mossrose,
      You sound good this morning. You can do make this choice become a reality. Keep us posted on progress and struggles.
      Free at Last
      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Glad to be back

Good morning NS. Well, I poured all the wine down the drain last night before I went to bed. That felt empowering. Today, I vow to make myself eat - a lot!! I just packed a bunch of snacks and a healthy size lunch to take to work. And dinner is already started in the crockpot (cooking is a wine-trigger for me in the evenings, so decided the crockpot was the best course of action. LOL) Tonight, I don't plan to come straight home after work. That is a big trigger for me - through the door and straight to the wine. So, instead I am going to check out a new yarn shop on the way home, and maybe splurge on some pretty yarn. I'll use the money I would have spent on more wine! And of course, I'll check in here for my daily dose of strength, and inspiration I'm ready to do this!!
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Glad to be back

good for you mossrose ......you can do it what are you going to make

Comment

Glad to be back

Hi Free. I feel good today. I can't believe I almost slipped back into that nightmare. Thank God, I can come here and get some much needed advice and support. So far, I'm hanging in there.

Witts - so good to hear from you. As someone at work reminded me today - it's only 133 days to Christmas, so I'm starting on my list now. LOL. Mostly scarves, shawls and purses. I know it sounds silly, but in some ways knitting has saved my life. It keeps me occupied and focused and I absolutely can't drink when I'm working on a project. I can't afford to get sloppy, especially if it's a gift. So it's one or the other From now on, I choose knitting.

Comment

Glad to be back

Hi Moss! Glad to see that you're picking yourself up and starting again. There is no shame in posting here when you slip. We have seen and done it all ourselves, believe me! This is a forum for people drinking, trying not to drink, moderating, and quitting. There is room for all. The common link we all have is the desire to drink. If we only wanted successful nondrinkers here it would be quite pointless.

Comment

Glad to be back

Hi MossRose, glad to hear you had a good evening. "I choose knitting" might be a great bumpersticker, or at least a sticky note on your refrigerator/cupboard. Stay focused -- you are on a great path toward freedom.
                Free at Last
                "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Glad to be back

MossRose;1543474 wrote:
                  So it's one or the other From now on, I choose knitting.
                  I love this!! I tried to find an image for you but all I could find (and for some strange, strange reason there are a lot of them) are images that say "I KNIT SO I WON'T KILL PEOPLE" . At least we aren't struggling not to do that :H !

I hope you are having another good day. :h NS

Comment

Glad to be back

Great job Moss! I guess my motto would be "I Choose Reading".....do you know how many books I "read" drunk? I don't, I lost count! :H

I learned to crochet (in jail...go figure) but ALL I can do is blankets or scarves...anything that is back-and-forth only...I can't read a pattern to save my life. I really wish I could make something interesting!
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Glad to be back

k9L - I had to laugh at your (non) recollection of "reading while drunk." I used to re-read the same page over and over again! Didn't finish too many novels during my drinking years. And if I did, I certainly don't remember them. Of course, I didn't finish too many knitting projects either. Too loopy to see the next loop!! I'd work all night on something and get up in the morning and be horrified. A complete mess. So I would rip it out and start all over again.

Seriously though, sometimes just "back-and-forth" is good. Sometimes I purposely don't follow a pattern - just keep knitting until I run out of yarn. Kind of like meditation for me. I don't know how to crochet but it's on my bucket list. Sorry you had to learn in jail I don't know the story, but that sounds like it must have been an awful experience. xx

Comment

Working...
                      X