Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A symptom...or a true personality change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bri! So happy to see you here. Definitely one of the hardest parts of getting sober is trying to figure out who in the hell we are after letting alcohol define our existence. It takes a while, but life without alcohol sure beats life counting the minutes until you can drink.

Comment

Wow...all these posts are so, well, humbling. I have so little to complain about. I have a wonderful, understanding husband who just wants me to be happy, a good job, healthy kids and grand kids (who live way too far away). But I know this level of drinking is very bad and I'm just wondering where to begin. I go to see the grand kids in Washington state in two weeks...so I don't think I want to do anything drastic before then. But now my mind is saying..."oh...so we're gonna try to get sober after? Well let's party on now then!!" So stupid I know. But it's 2:30 pm and I've been drinking for two hours.

Comment

Really not where I wanted or expected to be today. Woke up happy...cancelled from work so went back to bed and actually slept! Thought I might try to have an AF day. Didn't happen...started drinking at 1:00. I started baclofen a few days ago..so I guess we'll see. I'm SO not a people person....so MWO is my crutch.

Comment

Well...doing a bit better today. Drinking flavored seltzer and not much urge for ETOH right now...taking it hour by hour. I'm now at 25 mg of bac three times a day...so maybe it's starting to work a little? Reading a lot of posts on here about other people's trials and successes, and that really helps too. :thanks:

Comment

Off to work today...first work day on bac. Wish me luck! Well...no ones really wished me much of anything, but that's ok!

Comment

Good luck, sixcat! If you need more support, I suggest you jump into one of the more active forums, like the Newbie's Nest. There is usually someone there to talk to.
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Thanks Siren...but I thought I was in the Newbies nest..wHere am I?

Comment

Thanks Molly...don't know if I belong here or in the med forum...new to bac and having lots of weird SEs right now.

Comment

Love this thread and so very true. I have been thinking I had a slight problem for a few months now and for years I have known I have had one but I think it takes one episode to really realise you have a huge problem. Up to day 2 and I looked outside and the yard has gone to crap, the house so needs a spring clean, wonder how bad it will look in a few days of no AL.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                    X