Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice from second time successful quitters

Hey all,
    Well as the title says really. My signature details my AF and relapse. I am finding it reall hard to get back on track. Had a blow out last night with some whiskey and really hungover today. Had a little shot today but stopped when hubby made a comment. I have had several AF periods on my relapse from few days to few weeks but can't seem to get it to stick this time.

Re read Jason Vale and even a few post back here but the book doesn't seem to work the second time and I think I need more support at the beginning of my quit.

Just got a new book called the sober revolution and am going to get stuck into that and finish Jason vale. I am looking for help from someone/something. I know once I get a few decent weeks behind me I will not cave as there is too much to lose. I just need that first few weeks

I've been really stupid the last few weeks- my tolerance is higher and I'm starting on hard stuff if no wine in the house :-( I know I need to make the same and more lifestyle changes which helped my first quit.

:thanks: to those taking the time to and post :l

MinStar - Wine is my poison of choice too. And I am on probably my 10th quit. But you obviously succeeded once, so you are ahead of the curve. You already know you can do this. So think back to how great life was AF.

I also read Jason Vale's book and found it very effective. But I had to take a more nutritional approach this time. I have been a heavy drinker for a very, very long time so my body was craving nutrients.
    So this time, I decided to try everything to conquer the beast. I have been juicing a few time daily (an expensive, but never regretted purchase), and I am taking all the recommended supplements plus a few more. I find it is really helping with the cravings. I also downloaded many hypnosis mp3s and listen to them before I fall asleep. Amazing how much they have helped.

Glad you are posting here. MWO saved my life. Stay strong.
    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

My tips are make being AF your priority doing whatever it takes even if that means being rude to friends.

Take things easy, make space. Get to bed early when you feel at risk, make sure you have an escape route at social events and are always fed, watered and warm.
      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Minstar yes I have quit and relapsed. I thought I would be able to quit again. I tried and tried. Finally decided to do it no matter what it took. I was so disgusted with myself. I can honestly say I would not be able to do it without mwo. I also read Allen Carr's Easyway to Control Alcohol. Like you said, you just need some momentum to get rolling. Hang with us and soon you will pick up speed. Sorry about that pun.
        Have a good day.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Hello Minstar,

You had shown courage and determination last time and I am sure you will do it again and defeat the beast. Your post about replace although not good news but does warn first time Sober people like me who have been off AF for just 21 days or so. There is always a part of me inside which cannot digest the fact that I will not drink again. There is a part of me inside which is still reluctant to say to others "I don't drink", just like I say wit no regrets " I don't smoke " as I don't.

But seeing your plight today does give warning to first timers like me how dangerous it is even to think that I can go back to moderation at anytime.

MWO has helped me plus I am also watching lots of YouTube videos at night including documentaries in order to re endorse by determination.

I will you all the best and promise to support you on this path of sobarity.
          Rahul
          --------------------------------------------
          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
          Rebooting ... done ...
          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

I am not a second time quitter.....more like a thousand.

I read Vale and Carr. I really liked "Alcohol Lied To Me".....that one hit home. It is funny, gives you solid tips on quitting and what to expect. Plus, the title really sticks in my head.

Comment

Working...
            X