Drinking to cope...quiting to cope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job Sake! You're a good example to the rest of us out here, who are about to quit - and need some motivation. I'm not a heavy drinker - at least not real heavy - but I'd feel so proud if I would just get the whole drinking out of my life. I've heard: to quit a bad habit, replace it with a good habit ...I'm working to consistently make a delicious protein shake in the afternoon when I start feeling down and tired - which is some of why I like to stop on the way home from work and get a few beers - and some cigs - and sit in my car and listen to talk radio to unwind....what a bad habit and a waste of time and health and dreams - I'm ashamed - but I hope to get the resolve....
    So you're good to be that good example for the rest of us out here...

Comment

Good Morning Bimble - I think what works for me (and this is hard to do). Is just picking ONE project. IE ok, laundry..or load the dishwasher or vacuum one room. My natural tendency is to tackle the whole thing and that just doesn't work. I wish you luck!!

Good Morning Honey - Thanks for the compliment, I feel about as far as a good example as you can get. But I am trying and I thinks that's the first step. My husband has an awesome home made protein bar recipe..everyone loves them and it takes some time to pull it all together. I can share the recipe if you're looking for something else to do.

Comment

Journal - Day 3
        I feel like I got hit by a truck and didn't get up until noon!!! I did not drink last night but did take one small hit of pot. My husband smokes...I'm not a smoker but wanted something to take the edge off. Bad mistake!! I quit smoking a couple years ago, just stopped one day. Wasn't for me. And now I remember why. Last thing I need is the munchies, dry red eyes and feeling tired!! Anyway - this is just my journal...not a confessional and I'm sure there are folks that will frown heavily upon this. And that's totally ok. I'm just keeping this real for me. Anyway - lesson learned..no more toking for this girl.

Friday night out of the way. Saturday night...here we come.

Oh and one other random thought. I've been watching all the alcoholism documentaries. So depressing, how these young people die from the addiction. I feel so sad for them. But here is the scariest part, I watch these documentaries and can't relate!!!! I don't throw up and I certainly eat..far too much and I'm not downing anywhere near that much booze in a day. I watched one last night...it was just heart wrenching. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4[/video]]

But here's the bottom line. If I'm having to struggle to quit now, it's only a matter of time until I reached the point these people were/are at. I have already shown signs of liver damage. I think that's enough, right? It certainly should be.

Comment

Working...
        X