Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does enough become enough? When you are finally able to say no more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I want and need this but AL has a control over me I didn't even realize until I started fighting it and now it seems to want to really stick it to me and see me at the end giggling and saying U lose. I don't want to lose. I want to win.

Wasn't the other night enough? If not...what will be? Can you even imagine THAT scenario?
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I'm thinking you already have the answer to your question... obviously "enough has become enough" or you wouldn't be here. You are stronger than you think... You are stronger than your demons. You just need to hear it, and more importantly, to believe it...

Comment

NO but it plays in my mind every second. I don't want to be in the ER while my kids are saying why Mom? I am a hopeless case I think

Comment

Your not a hopeless case. With that thinking, you will never be able to quit. If my grandma who was a bad alcoholic in years before I was born was able to quit, you can. Visit the toolbox and set up a plan. If you need to take antabuse (spelling may be off), talk to your doctor and set it up. You can quit drinking. Just hang in there, take it ODAAT and set up a support group both online and offline. I didn't fully release either how much al had a hold on me until I tried to quit.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Praying, I just went back and read your previous posts. I wanted to know your story before I responded. It sounds like things are spinning out of control for you. But it's not too late. AL is such an insidious beast. It sneaks up and robs us of our dignity and self-respect. With no self esteem left to protect us, we behave in self-destructive ways. Then, we struggle with the guilt and shame. It's a vicious cycle. But it can be broken. You say, "I know I want and need this but AL has a control over me." I thought that way for a very long time and I just kept digging a bigger hole for myself to climb out of. It's self-defeating. Re-word that sentence to empower yourself. "I want to live a peaceful, self-nurturing life. I refuse to allow AL to control me because I am worthy of respect." And you are! It's not easy. I still struggle, but I'll never stop trying.

You asked when we said enough is enough. For me, I had to hit bottom. Lost it all. But it was the blackouts that scared me the most. That's when I got frightened enough to really commit to changing my life. You mentioned that you were having them in one of your other posts. Please give the beast the boot now. Blackouts = disaster. At least they did for me. Hang in there ok.
            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Praying, I too, read your posts. You are not hopeless. You are, however, in the clutches of AL and on a destructive path. By coming here you know you need and hopefully want to break free

There is a saying by the poet Rumi, "When the world brings you to your knees, you are in the perfect position to pray." Given your name, and because I am a big believer in the power of reaching out to the divine, to the universe, to whatever you believe God to be, that you might start by sitting quietly and asking three questions. Who am I? What do I want? What is the path to this?

It seems as though you are at a crossroads. We are here to support you in your journey.
              Free at Last
              "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

I want to be Free At Last.........but have to admit I haven't found my way yet. maybe it's self destruction for me which I know deep in my heart I don't want.

Comment

wish I had some huge hugs around me right now.

Comment

:hug:

Comment

how do you guys stay AF I don't have the funds for the CD's medicine or any of the other stuff. And I don't think I'm there yet js or maybe I am and don't want to admit it I don't know anymore. Last thing I want to do is use again and I did again tonight cause once again I do not know how to forgive myself and my AL f uped decisions cause next time I might be in a morgue
                      I am f'cked up

Comment

Wish I could reach out and give you a hug in person. It's going to be ok. You are here and we are standing next to you every step of the way.
                        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Praying, you need to start off one minute, then one hour, and finally one day at a time. I was reluctant to stop drinking initially because you think," I can't change my life so drastically by giving up AL forever", despite its destructiveness on your body and soul. You are under the spell and curse of AL. You have to take one day at a time and after the Alcohol Free days add up and come together, you begin to realize that in fact you can do this, you can make a change to give yourself the better life that you and your family deserve. It starts with that small step, a step that you CAN make. Many of us were where you are now, but the cycle of addiction can be broken. The MWO is a wonderful supportive place, just keep posting and reflecting and you can find the strength to turn your life around for the better.
                          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Thank you all! I am so sorry for messing up again. I will start over again today. First off getting rid of all the empties and not buying anymore. Just disgusted with myself. Hangover and all I have to work and hope I can somehow get through this day. I will be AF today.

Comment

I am thinking of you and sending you hugs today Praying :l

Please know that you are NOT hopeless. You must fight for yourself, but you must first believe that you are worth the fight. We know you are, now you need to realize it too. Are you really going to let liquid poison control your life and make you feel this way? It's hard to let go, I know...but AL is not and will never be your friend. There's a reason you feel like crap after a night of drinking...your body is rejecting the poison. When people ask how they can be a "normal" drinker, I always ask "What's the 'normal' way to drink poison?"
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X