I'm Baaaaaack!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Baaaaaack!!

Hi all, I'm back and determined to rid myself of this demon once and for all.

I've started antabuse (my second day) and I'm on to my 3rd day AF.

I feel good with the AB - like it takes away any option of -"I'll just have a couple" - turning into an all out binge.

This is my last chance to save my marriage and family and I want that so much more than stupid AL.

I'm addicted to AL and it's wreaking havoc on me and my beautiful family and I say "ENOUGH!!"

I know AB isn't a miracle drug so I'm backing it up with many other tools.

*Hugs* to everyone - let's stay strong together and beat this xx

I'm Baaaaaack!!

Hi Pear and welcome even though i have not met you before as you probably know you are in the best place. Oh i know all about wanting a couple, yep cant do that. I keep saying i can but i know i cant. Gives me a headache thinking about it.

Im an alcoholic and i admitted it to my children the other day and it was such a relief and they have been wonderful. They knew I drank but i think it is admitting it that makes a difference and they are also here to help me. My family are my life and I want to be there for them and i'm over embarrassing them and myself.

Good luck and keep posting.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I'm Baaaaaack!!

Hi Pearl - Good for you in taking another journey to AF. Antabuse is a great drug to help relieve the pressure in the decision to drink. Good luck to you!
      Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

I'm Baaaaaack!!

Pearl, welcome! Great work on finding whatever assistance you need to get rid of AL. An AF life is a better life, and you deserve a better life for yourself and your family. I attribute my success to the MWO, so stay close by, read and post and read some more. Best of luck,focus and determination to succeed.
        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

I'm Baaaaaack!!

Thanks for the support everyone xx

Comment

I'm Baaaaaack!!

Pearl I'm glad you are here and not giving up. The ab really seems to help a lot of people through the tough cravings. Keep up The good work!
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

I'm Baaaaaack!!

Thanks LB - it has been working a treat so far

Comment

I'm Baaaaaack!!

Day 5 - A few cravings today - the habitual kind. Thankfully overcome pretty quickly knowing the consequences of AB. They do keep popping into my mind though - do they ever go away??

I had a nightmare last night that I caved into AL and got really sick. I just hope that never happens in real life.

*Hugs* to everyone - stay strong lovelies

Comment

Working...
                X