What to do instead of drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything. Go for it. My triggers over the last 12 years were illness and loss. Everyone experiences illness and loss, it's shit but they deal with it without drinking themselves into a stupour.

I got a kick in the teeth yesterday, yet more illness, this time I will be different. I will be strong, sober supportive. This time I need to be the strong one. Today, instead of drinking I did some yoga and signed up for an hour with a trainer.
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

So far, exercise and video games are my two top activities (aside from posting on here of course).
    In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

I have found cleaning the house works wonders. But if your anything like me your gonna have to completely trash your house every few days because you will run out of cleaning fast !

Dave
      Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
      AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

gambler;1557339 wrote: I have found cleaning the house works wonders. But if your anything like me your gonna have to completely trash your house every few days because you will run out of cleaning fast !

Dave
        Amen Brotha! My Loft is fucking immaculate at present. I have never in my life had a living space that is so clean and well organized.

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Work late into the night/early hours of the morning, its 3.42am as I type!!
          By the way if anyone wants to do some more cleaning, they can do my flat!
          New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

C-Developer;1557342 wrote: Amen Brotha! My Loft is fucking immaculate at present. I have never in my life had a living space that is so clean and well organized.
            Yea man.. WTF up wit dat ? I still need to clean the walls and window blinds. But .. in 7 hours I basically Destroyed my house and put it back together Nice and tidy. I mean like right down to the soup cans labels are all facing out !! roflmao.

Heyyyy.. now that gives me an Idea. shhh.. dont tell anyone. See .. my next GF or wife (doubt it) I find .. I will encourage to binge drink for a week .. then tell here to sober up for 5-6 days . .. BAM !! Id come home and she would probably have the roof fixed by noon !

Dave

Ps. just kidding about the binge drinking wife thingy. Although .....
            Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran

Comment

Once I feel better I definitely need to hit the gym and also some yoga classes..for now I watch TV and scream at the football game..poor puppy is so confused.....her first football season...the other dogs don't even look up....;-))
              dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

gambler;1557348 wrote: Yea man.. WTF up wit dat ? I still need to clean the walls and window blinds. But .. in 7 hours I basically Destroyed my house and put it back together Nice and tidy. I mean like right down to the soup cans labels are all facing out !! roflmao.

Heyyyy.. now that gives me an Idea. shhh.. dont tell anyone. See .. my next GF or wife (doubt it) I find .. I will encourage to binge drink for a week .. then tell here to sober up for 5-6 days . .. BAM !! Id come home and she would probably have the roof fixed by noon !

Dave

Ps. just kidding about the binge drinking wife thingy. Although .....
                I have had a very similar type of OCD thing going on also of late. My most ambitious project tonight was that I cleaned my refrigerator and defrosted the freezer. Of course, this was after I polished my coffee table, end tables, entertainment center and bedroom set, ironed all my work shirts with military precision, and organized my bookshelf.

WTF is wrong with me? LOL

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

C-Developer;1557351 wrote: I have had a very similar type of OCD thing going on also of late. My most ambitious thing tonight was that I cleaned my refrigerator and defrosted the freezer. Of course, this was after I polished my coffee table, end tables, entertainment center and bedroom set, ironed all my work shirts with military precision, and organized my bookshelf.

WTF is wrong with me? LOL
                  I dunno...but I have known some speed freeks that would envy us :H

Lucky for me I have my Desk area waiting for me tomm. Lots and lots of little cool things for me to shine up and make pretty.

I wonder if women know about this (Whatever "this" is) when they are looking for a man..I can just hear the conversation .. Her: "Hey stud.. I hear you quit booze" .. Him: "Aye sweet thing.. been 5 days" .. Her: "Oh.. well then.. you want to come home with me ?" ...

They are crafty them girls are

Dave

Comment

gambler;1557355 wrote: I dunno...but I have known some speed freeks that would envy us :H

Lucky for me I have my Desk area waiting for me tomm. Lots and lots of little cool things for me to shine up and make pretty.

I wonder if women know about this (Whatever "this" is) when they are looking for a man..I can just hear the conversation .. Her: "Hey stud.. I hear you quit booze" .. Him: "Aye sweet thing.. been 5 days" .. Her: "Oh.. well then.. you want to come home with me ?" ...

They are crafty them girls are

Dave
                    This thread has to be one of the funniest ones on this forum!:H:H
                    New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Darkest Diamond;1557356 wrote: This thread has to be one of the funniest ones on this forum!:H:H
                      Yea.... and it feels pretty fuckin good too !!

They say "laughter is the best medicine."

You should go check out my post in the nest ( very resent ) I proof read it and was just in tears. I cant believe how much I made myself laugh at myself .. go check it out real quick

Dave

Comment

Tomorrow after the gym, I plan to go to the hardware store and buy some new drapes to accent the huge bay windows in the front of my loft overlooking the street. And yes, I have already picked them out online and did the various measurements

Now that you mention it, I would bet anything most females would be rather impressed with my newly stylized and polished digs. However, if it is too perfect, it could give off the Patrick Bateman "American Psycho" vibe. Or, alternatively, I suppose they could assume I am a flaming homosexual since about 99.9 % of male bachelors in their 20's are more adept at knowing different brands of Tequila than they are with playing Martha Stewert with their living space.

I guess I could take up cooking next? lol.

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

C-Developer;1557361 wrote: Tomorrow after the gym, I plan to go to the hardware store and buy some new drapes to accent the huge bay windows in the front of my loft overlooking the street. And yes, I have already picked them out online and did the various measurements

Now that you mention it, I would bet anything most females would be rather impressed with my newly stylized and polished digs. However, if it is too perfect, it could give off the Patrick Bateman "American Psycho" vibe. Or, alternatively, I suppose they could assume I am a flaming homosexual since about 99.9 % of male bachelors in their 20's are more adept at knowing different brands of Tequila than they are with playing Martha Stewert with their living space.

I guess I could take up cooking next? lol.

:H :H :H This post is Fucking Classic right here Folks
                          !!! :H :H :H

Gonna have to take me a min to top that one LOL

Good god !

Dave

Comment

[QUOTE=C-Developer;1557361]Tomorrow after the gym, I plan to go to the hardware store and buy some new drapes to accent the huge bay windows in the front of my loft overlooking the street. And yes, I have already picked them out online and did the various measurements

Oh come on surely you should be buying the material so you can sit at your sewing machine and sew the drapes (in England we say curtains!!) yourself! Don't weaken, got to keep busy and domesticated!!:H:H:H:

Comment

broken halo;1557260 wrote: Anything. Go for it. My triggers over the last 12 years were illness and loss. Everyone experiences illness and loss, it's shit but they deal with it without drinking themselves into a stupour.

I got a kick in the teeth yesterday, yet more illness, this time I will be different. I will be strong, sober supportive. This time I need to be the strong one. Today, instead of drinking I did some yoga and signed up for an hour with a trainer.
                              Sorry for Jackin your thread..I really dont know what happend mate.

Yea I got my teeth kicked out through the backside today. .. Someone told me to wait till tomorrow and everything would be even better then the best Ive had .. so far she was right.

Also If you dont mind me asking. How does that Yoga thing work for you ? I have read many and many countles post that talk about yoga. I mean .. How much does it Really help..or is it just a filler thing..

Sorry again about the thread Jacking..You know we were not making light of your situation I hope

But I will tell you what.. Im gonna keep coming back to your thread everytime I need a lift.

AAnnd we are serious about the Hyperintense Cleaning thingy.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X