Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated

I am frustrated! Why because I am missing AL? I am not saying that conciously, I don't hear myself saying it. It is day 8 of AF after day 6000 of AL why the hell am I frustrated.

Anyone else just stop and not feel right? Ever feel bad and not know why?

So for 20 years when I felt bad, good indifferent I avoided it with AL.

Today I agree to accept this feeling of frustration and let it be there,it will go away, I have been frustrated before and I am still here,it did nt kill me.

Anyone else just want to let what ever their emotion is today be there and know you can choose it and it will go away.
    What you resist persits

Frustrated

Well Dryer I am frustrated after 16 days that i still think of AL everyday. I start thinking about it at midday and i find that strange as i never thought about it before at that time, my witching hour was from 5pm onwards. That frustrates me!

I dont want it, I dont crave the taste of it, i dont want it to forget things, its like my brain just wants to think about it.

Funny that but as you say after so many thousand days of drinking the crap it will take time to be unfrustrated (is that a word?).
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Frustrated

I'm frustrated too. But I am not going to drink. Then I will be sick and frustrated. That's no help to my problems. I am going to clear my head and center myself. Go to work and just keep going one minute at a time today.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Frustrated

Dryer, I can completely relate to how you are feeling right now. I've gone as far as one week without AL when the frustration sets in. I think that since we've all made AL a habit or ritual that we follow, it's difficult to break the habit and feel "normal" without it. All I can say is that when you do feel frustrated, try as hard as you can to think about the future... as in, how will I feel tomorrow when I say NO today? Difficult task, I know, but that's how I try to reason with my brain not to give in. Take care of yourself, it's not easy
        Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Frustrated

If you guys can just stick with it, at some point that frustration that you don't get to drink becomes relief that you don't have to.
          It really is worth the struggle to get there.

Comment

Frustrated

Frustration=healing.
            We didn't get into this mess overnight, it takes some healing time to get out of it.
            The anxiety and discouraged feelings you have are probably new to you...because we have always squashed them out before. Try to embrace these feelings and sort thru them. Giving in means you only have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN...just get it overwith this time. After you get thru a 'spell' like this, you'll feel great! This is a sign that you are moving in the right direction. Life will always happen...it's just whether we are 'present' or not. Hang in there. B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Frustrated

thank you for posting this! ive done several 30 days,40 days and only felt great sometimes,my quit buddy at work and i joke that we feel more hungover without drinking,however i read it takes 90 days for the brain to rewire,all i know is after my last bout with drinking,ill take the blah,no energy feeling over being drunk and desperate anyday,lets just give it some time
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Frustrated

Cool, I am down with the struggle, I just wrote down some benefits of AF, read your support and moving on.

Hope to help someone else today too. It is OK to be frustrated, that my mind is scattered all over the place and I can't type worth a damn right now.

This is only temporary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks MWO
                What you resist persits

Comment

Frustrated

I get frustrated that I'm frustrated!! I think it's all a part of the healing process. I am trying to prepare myself that I will have feelings of boredom, anger, frustration, irritation, fatigue, sadness, happiness and every other ugly/good feeling under the sun.

I know that facing these are a part of learning how to live without alcohol. Anger is a big one for me. But I'm sure we'll all learn to cope!

Comment

Frustrated

dryer;1557554 wrote: It is OK to be frustrated, that my mind is scattered all over the place and I can't type worth a damn right now.

This is only temporary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks MWO
                    Yup.. thats exactly how I felt yesterday. I could not string more than a few thoughts together that even remotely had to do with each other. Kinda funny how we can accept the same damn thing as long as it has a little kick to it with no problem lol.

Al is like a spoiled child in a sense. "Daddy can I have that toy" .. "Sorry son but (insert reason here)" .. and then he bugs the crap outa you until you either give in or go absolutly friggin Nuts!

Dave
                    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                    AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Frustrated

In early sobriety, it really is one day at a time.

Just concentrate on being sober right now. Nothing else.

Eventually, the days go by and you will find yourself thinking less and less of wanting a drink.

After six months, I do have periods of temptation but they go away.

And then I find myself doing things I could never have done while drinking and filling my time up with things I should and want to do.

It does get so much better.

Hang in there.
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Frustrated

gambler;1557616 wrote: Yup.. thats exactly how I felt yesterday. I could not string more than a few thoughts together that even remotely had to do with each other. Kinda funny how we can accept the same damn thing as long as it has a little kick to it with no problem lol.

Al is like a spoiled child in a sense. "Daddy can I have that toy" .. "Sorry son but (insert reason here)" .. and then he bugs the crap outa you until you either give in or go absolutly friggin Nuts!

Dave
                        A week ago I was friends with the kid and we would celebrate and as long as I had ice and a coke we got along great.

24 hours ago at this time I got on here screaming back at that little kid. He would not mind his manners, little brat. Where did he get his manners from? OH shit I raised him, now this spoiled brat won't listen and he won't stop climbing the furniture, making a mess, and won't play nice in his room.

Today 24 hours later, I accept the kid and how I am responsible how I raised the kid and why he talks back so much. The kid was abused and now I will see the kid misbehave. Understanding that and it is much quietr today.

Well its time to let the kid know, times are changing it is time to grow up and behave.

Kid, I abused you, so go live where your wanted.

That last part sounds cold but it started out good? Can you tell I don't have kids? Lighten up!! I like kids.
                        What you resist persits

Comment

Frustrated

Gambler you are right. the kid is us, we raised it letting it drink party ignore feelings and emotions. Then we stop giving the kid attention and take the toys away and expect peace and a good little boy. Ain't gonna happen.

I had a few pockets of inner peace today, day 8 was a good day.

I have a goal of 190lbs by Oct 15th. In my conversation of hey let's just drink screw it, I thought the 190lbs does not mean anything and then it hit me, it is the benefits of 190lbs, wow I can wear some stuff I have not in a while and began feeling and seeing the benefits so much I smiled and the kid shut up.
                          What you resist persits

Comment

Frustrated

Although we say one day at a time we also need to give ourselves time to get used to not drinking and to learn new patterns. It can slowly creep up on you - the realisation that it is a certain time in the day and you did not want a drink. A year ago I thought that the twilight zone would always be my hell - wanting a drink, or being bored, anxious, a timezone I would always have to dread and battle through to stay sober. It's not turned out like that and instead for me the twilight zone (or witching hour) seems to have evaporated and I feel release from being chained to the AL patterns of the past.

I hope this makes sense. In simple words I am trying to say that it gets easier with time to live a sober life. And I do not avoid social situations but I do walk away from those that do not hold my interest anymore now that I have no desire to drink what AL is on offer

Comment

Frustrated

treetops;1557904 wrote: A year ago I thought that the twilight zone would always be my hell - wanting a drink, or being bored, anxious, a timezone I would always have to dread and battle through to stay sober. It's not turned out like that and instead for me the twilight zone (or witching hour) seems to have evaporated and I feel release from being chained to the AL patterns of the past.

I hope this makes sense. In simple words I am trying to say that it gets easier with time to live a sober life. And I do not avoid social situations but I do walk away from those that do not hold my interest anymore now that I have no desire to drink what AL is on offer
                              That makes total sense to me. TT! I used to spend my day waiting for it to be 4 pm, now I sometimes forget to start dinner until 7 because if I'm engaged in a project or off doing something, my body seems to have no awareness of the time - no physical or mental reminders that it is "time" to have a drink. There seem to be so many more hours in a day now!

Comment

Working...
                              X