2ND Weekend Almost Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2ND Weekend Almost Here

A while ago my wife and I pledged to stay sober for a weekend it was hard but we wrote it down and signed it, made copies and put it up everywhere. That worked.

Now this is my 2nd weekend free and I am preparing now, I have some exercise prepared, going to a movie and can use some suggestions for Saturday night. I am doing the movie about 3pm SAT when I used to start.

But today I pledge to be AL free and choose to celebrate the benefits I have this weekend.
    What you resist persits

2ND Weekend Almost Here

Go for a nice meal. Drive so you can't (shouldn't) drink. That's what I am doing. Day 13 today. Let's go from strength to strength and beat this problem once and for all
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

2ND Weekend Almost Here

-Gym
      -Staying in and watching movies with Pizza and other goodies
      -Going for a drive
      -Hiking
      -Play video games or just board games

Most importantly find a replacement for your cravings. I found pizza, chocolate and other comfort food to be the best. You can always drop the weight later when you are happily sober!
      AF since 1st Sep 2012
      NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

2ND Weekend Almost Here

The movie is a great start because it gets you out of the house and keeps you occupied. At the risk of sounding like a complete nerd (which I am) I spent HOURS browsing the library. Just looking around kept me busy, I'd get so preoccupied that time would fly. By the time I got home it was time for bed. Do whatever it takes to get through the day, and I promise the next one will be easier.

Let us know how it goes!!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

2ND Weekend Almost Here

Weekend AL Free pledge

Come on players who wants to pledge to make their weekend AL free. You don't have to be a virgin it can be your 2nd or 10th. Join us rookies, pledge to be free this weekend with me.

Pledge to be free from alcohol and celebrate your benefits of being free. FREE-DUMB
          What you resist persits

Comment

2ND Weekend Almost Here

Not a problem... would be glad to join
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

2ND Weekend Almost Here

I will do my darndest Dryer to remain af this weekend. With a wedding on Saturday I'm somewhat skeptical. I sure as shootin' don't wanna drink and definitely not planning on it but with this kind of social engagement I'm just going to stay on guard. Why couldn't it be a confirmation or some kind of event where al isn't a given. Hell even funerals are drunk fests these days! Lol
              Will report in on Tuesday on my success!

Comment

2ND Weekend Almost Here

There will be AF choices at the wedding, Sanchez. Just have whatever the other non-drinkers order. You'll still have fun - perhaps even more than before .

Comment

2ND Weekend Almost Here

Hi Dryer, I pledge to make my weekend AL free

Comment

2ND Weekend Almost Here

Another alcohol free weekend and looking forward to it. I own my weekends now and I make all the choices and I love it.
                    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

2ND Weekend Almost Here

sanchez;1558580 wrote: I will do my darndest Dryer to remain af this weekend. With a wedding on Saturday I'm somewhat skeptical. I sure as shootin' don't wanna drink and definitely not planning on it but with this kind of social engagement I'm just going to stay on guard. Why couldn't it be a confirmation or some kind of event where al isn't a given. Hell even funerals are drunk fests these days! Lol
                      Will report in on Tuesday on my success!
                      Sanchez you can do this, maybe this would help. Between now and then get somewhere alone and quiet, like a pro athlete does visualize yourself at the wedding, the music the hall, etcc really put yourself there and picture the drinking and you, someone says here drink and see yourself say no hear yourself say no. This can help you with your expextation of what you want. You can even picture yourself chosing a drink but then being rushed to hospital.

Another suggestion is to go as an observer and really get into watching others drink without judgement but rather a research project, you are almost outside yourself watching what is going on. A mission a job assignment.

Anyway were in your corner and send the best.
                      What you resist persits

Comment

2ND Weekend Almost Here

Come on AF buddies,lets celebrate.

I am so thankful, yesterday in front of my boss I held out a sheet of paper we were discussing and I was not shaking and I noticed that I don't have to hold this with 2 hands or be insecure about my quivering nerves anymore. Inner peace is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        What you resist persits

Comment

2ND Weekend Almost Here

Thank you Dryer and NS for the support. I like the visualization aspect - kind of an out of body experience! I think I can be strong, but like I've said before - never say NEVER or you eat your words as soon as they're coming out of your mouth.

Will try to check in over the weekend if i can - but otherwise, I'm gonna be MIA until I get back on Tuesday....
                          Hang tough everyone!

Comment

2ND Weekend Almost Here

Hey Dryer, I am so looking forward to this coming AF weekend! I seriously have too many things I want to do--(going to the gym, hanging out here!!, a film or two, celebrating the cats 5th birthday with the kids!!) no time to drink!!
                            Have you thought of some other things you'd like to do? Is your wife in on it again with you this weekend?
                            That was good advice you gave regarding visualization-- I always forget to do it but I know it can be very helpful.
                            I hope you'll be checking in a lot this weekend! Look forward to seeing you--

Comment

2ND Weekend Almost Here

Dryer I was just saying to my daughter and her boyfriend last night that it is nice to be able to write again without shaking and my writing looking like a 5 year olds and i vividly remember the piece of paper and the tremors of holding it. Never going back there again.

I was talking to my daughter about the hens night coming up and after me telling her i am an alcoholic she still said "mum you can get pissed for that night". I said to her that no honey i cant, alcoholics cant do that and that i had to have a plan in place and that i wanted to remember the night. She kind of could not understand that but then we spoke about pot/weed addiction and other drugs and i think she finally understood that it is a disease and addiction just like the rest. So i am feeling much more positive about this hens night knowing she "gets it" now. Its lovely that i have the support of my children to get me through and i am finally learning indifference to AL.

LC happy birthday to your cat. I have one cat and three dogs and sometimes they are so much nicer than humans.

Im off to put some washing on and begin the day oh and coffee time. Its Saturday here and my plan is to do not much. Have a great one all
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                              X