Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of week 2

Some thoughts......

It has been relatively easy to reach Day 14 - maybe my body has so craved a rest that the brain has followed. HOWEVER this frightens me as complacency is my biggest enemy. I know the next stage will be to think "it was so easy I am in control so I can give up anytime, I will just have one night of drink...." this is how the bastard illness will approach me and try to get me while my guard is down. Well I have got news for you AL - I know your games and I am waiting for the tap on my shoulder from your bony decaying hand. Come on you evil bastard, just you try, I am stronger than you think.....

I got into a nice suit for work, some nice jeans and an expensive t shirt last night that no longer fitted due to my beer gut. That feels good and I want it to stay that way. So AL you calorie laden demon, look at me in my tight kecks.......ha

My fourteen days is nothing but a small baby step on a long journey. This place is helping me focus. Good luck to all who sail here. Keep on keeping on!:h
    Last drink 6th September 2013

End of week 2

Bravo! I know exactly what you mean...it has been a pretty easy 2 weeks for me too. And it scares me that I might let my guard down, even for a moment. I just have to remember that I don't want to moderate. I don't want one glass of wine - or two or three for that matter. I was proud when I just drank 1 bottle of wine and quit while I was ahead! I'm with you...If I feel that bony finger I hope to snap it off and pull a Jackie Chan on his sorry ass!

Comment

End of week 2

Ive seen alot of this Complacency floating around lately ( Including me ) .. and Over in the Nest Birdlady had something to say about this..

Byrdlady;1558757 wrote: Complacency IS the enemy!!

She hasnt gotten back to me about what exactly she ment by that... but Im pretty sure She is suggesting that we Remove Complacency from our mindset for the rest of our lives
      . Again..Im not positive.. and maybe Lady will address this in more detail but I think we are to adopt Vigilance into our lives instead. ?

If so it makes sense to me

OH.. and grats on the 2 weeks guys Your my heros
      Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
      AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Working...
      X