What have you gained??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have you gained??

You guys are all so spot on. I think the common denominator for most of us is we've gained freedom. And with freedom comes responsibility but also a sense of hope. I don't think anyone went into this thinking that everything would get better instantly, but we have been given a clear perspective and the ability to deal with life without getting drunk. Amen!!

Comment

What have you gained??

Gambler, keep trucking dude, just being clear, we have the same problems stress bad stuff we had all the time. Being AF we just gained a new way to deal with them. Like head on and clear headed and some of those problems did just go away since we have a new way of seeing and living life.

It's all good
      What you resist persits

Comment

What have you gained??

I feel I've gained the clarity to start working on my goals; I take the time to get outside, to be in nature, to jump on my rebounder. I even meditated for ten minutes this morning. I tend to cook healthier, therefore, eat healthier and am able to enjoy my hobbies (playing the keyboard, reading, writing, knitting) in the evenings rather than sitting stupefied in front of the TV.

I have lost NOTHING.

I just have to get over the habit of over-explaining to everyone why I am not drinking. I am boring the crap out of anyone who will listen and all they want is for me to have a drink and shut up.. ;-)
        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        Lao-Tzu

Comment

What have you gained??

Sobersoul! I love that you don't feel that you've lost anything...isn't that the truth!?!

I just have to get over the habit of over-explaining to everyone why I am not drinking. I am boring the crap out of anyone who will listen and all they want is for me to have a drink and shut up.. ;-)
          Made me laugh out loud!!

Comment

What have you gained??

Ain't it the truth tho... I even saw hubby's eyes glaze over last night when I was explaining my need for more than one glass of wine as an explanation as to why I refuse one ... or maybe they glazed over because he was on his third glass of wine. LOL..
            Lao-Tzu

Comment

What have you gained??

I remember when I had quit smoking (one of the many attempts). I was so proud of myself and proclaimed to my mother in law "I haven't smoked in 30 days!!" Her response was "Good for you, I haven't smoked in 65 years!" LOL!!! Well then...

Comment

What have you gained??

Smart Ass MIL !!!

I always promise myself to just keep quiet about it, but in my heart I am an evangelist.. I love converting people. My Dad is a born again Christian and I avoid him like the plague for his constantly trying to save me.

I think I am a little like the old man.. gawd that is pathetic. I have to just smile and sip my bloody water.
                Lao-Tzu

Comment

What have you gained??

Good words of advice. Smile and sip the bloody water! I'm going to remember that!

Comment

Working...
                  X