Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with health Questions please

Hi there,
    I have some questions that are REALLY worrying me and I don't know how to get these thoughts out of my mind. I have been drinking alcohol everyday for the past 2 and a half years. I worry that I might die and not be here for my kids. I think that I may have done damage to my body and I am not sure how to feel OK. There is no evidence that anything is wrong with me, but I just can't get these thoughts out of my mind. How long after quitting should I feel that things are Ok and any damage will have healed? Feeling great about quiting, just these thoughts that I might die are really awful.
    I have been taking liver cleansing powder, fish oil, vitamin b etc.
    Thanks in advance.

Neney,
    It all depends on how much you drink, and how fast, and how often. Yes, everyday, but all day?
    By most accounts, a week or two without drinking will bring you back to "normal", physically.
    The mental part is what's hard.

Comment

hello ( witts here )
      why don't you go to the doctor and have a blood test done .....kidney's ,liver blood pressure etc
      that way then you wont have to worry
      sigpic

Comment

My advice is that you do NOT Google your symptoms! It will scare you and not even apply to you. Give your body a few weeks to get the alcohol cleared out. I have been sober a long time and still have days where I feel "hungover"....you will be OK. Just don't drink and things will sort themselves out. We could all die any day, right? I hate to be so gloomy but it's true. Stop worrying about it and live for today and the future. Good luck!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9's advice is probably the best advice out there. If you are really worried you can see your Primary Doc and he/she can do the bloodwork. I take Milk Thistle to help with the liver. I'm told that the liver cleanse stuff doesnt work but I'll leave that discussion to the folks that really know
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Working...
          X