Fresh Start!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Start!!!!!

I remember coming here in October 3 years ago and I done so well. I had a drink on Christmas Day after being sober for almost 3 months. As I struggled over the next couple of years I got stretches of sobriety but never went back to as bad as I was before October 2010.......until now!
    Since Easter I have had 1 to 2 bottles of wine most nights. It is how I felt when I originally came here. I always regretted messing up my first quit as I felt so strong in it. I am completely starting from scratch again and when I get my life back I intend to protect it!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Fresh Start!!!!!

Daisy
    Remember these?
    It gets better!'
    You've come to the right place - read about here and you will be inspired. Believe in yourself that you will do this. There is a better life - AF time will show you this.....

Everyone has to start somewhere and you will slowly but surely feel and look better; the thing to be aware of is when you do feel good, you can be tricked into thinking you're ok and you can have a drink ............. you know already where this will lead.
    A long walk is great for you exercise-wise and will help you feel good.

I have to say it is so good to see such positivity on the boards again....supportive, light-hearted and understanding; this is great!!!!
    Well today I got my first 50 lengths in about 3 weeks - it was great. As soon as I get in the water I am so thankful; I feel a relief. I know the exercise will not only keep my weight and shape in check, but a much deeper thing is that it helps with my moods and how I feel.
    I set my alarm early this morning and intend to from now on; the earlier you rise, the more productive your day and genuine tiredness takes over at night. For anyone dealing with insomnia, I would recommend it.

Yip, your own words, from last year in the Nest. Lots of advice and wisdom there - from Daisy to Daisy.

(I'm on Day 2 here - shall we hold hands and stay on the right track? See you in the Nest then, ok?)
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Fresh Start!!!!!

Daisy I'm back too and I'm so glad you're here. Day 3 here.
      We can and will do this once and for all.
      It's not the last drink that gets us, it's the first!
      Day 1 again 11/5/19
      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Fresh Start!!!!!

daisy45;1569060 wrote: I remember coming here in October 3 years ago and I done so well. I had a drink on Christmas Day after being sober for almost 3 months. As I struggled over the next couple of years I got stretches of sobriety but never went back to as bad as I was before October 2010.......until now!
        Since Easter I have had 1 to 2 bottles of wine most nights. It is how I felt when I originally came here. I always regretted messing up my first quit as I felt so strong in it. I am completely starting from scratch again and when I get my life back I intend to protect it!
        Welcome back Daisy - forget about what's happened & stop beating yourself up ! Don't look back !
        You are here now that's what matters and already have all that support to help you back on track.
        Post & read every day is my only advice. Remind yourself of the fact that people can contentedly get from morning to night without alcohol.
        I know once I kept seeing that - the penny slowly dropped & I was away !

Good luck !

Comment

Fresh Start!!!!!

welcome back daisy, a fresh start for me too on day 3. We can so do this. Let's kick AL in the nuts once and for all!
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Fresh Start!!!!!

Daisy, alcohol is a relentless attacker. If I ever truly beat this beast, I will feel like I climbed Mount Everest. Welcome back. Remember the Pinksters? I was Tipplerette back then and I've never felt so much a part of a team all pulling together as I did back then. Maybe we should resurrect the Pinksters!!!

You are so smart to come to where you found your initial success. We are holding your hand now so come with us... one step at a time..

Hugs
            "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
            Lao-Tzu

Comment

Fresh Start!!!!!

Welcome back Daisy!

It's good to see you again!! It's never too late to start over. You're doing the best possible thing, jumping back in here where you are among friends. Together, we can do this. Leave the past where it belongs, behind you. Focus on this moment forward. Stay strong my friend, lean on us, we are here for you!

K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Fresh Start!!!!!

Thank you all for the welcome back - means a lot! Sobersoul - how come the name change? Good idea on getting Pinksters going again. Started swimming again last week and intend to do more.
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Fresh Start!!!!!

Hi Daisy - Welcome back. Each day is a great day to start fresh!

Comment

Fresh Start!!!!!

Welcome back Daisy! It's great to have you back-- I look forward to getting to know you better-- I remember you from before, but the memory is vague. That's the way my brain is... Getting better, though.

Comment

Fresh Start!!!!!

Was snooping around, now wondering about fessing up! I am struggling - went "home" in June for a while and knew what would happen, so of course it did! I have not got back to where I started, and don't want to - but I am not where I want to be yet! I managed to have 23 AF days in Sept, and kept saying I wanted 30 before I came back here (got to 29 one month too.....but......). So, here I am.
                      Life continues to throw its curve balls my way - I was sitting at work, thinking about getting a little something on my way home and decided to log on in here for inspriation....and look what I see, old (but good) friends....it is day 3 for me, and day 11 for October.
                      Hi Daisy, Nursie, SoberSoul.....I may join you...
                      and hello to all the faithful...
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Fresh Start!!!!!

Welcome back, Daisy!!!! Great to see you! Give it everything you've got, you can beat this!! Hugs dear lady! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Fresh Start!!!!!

ScottishLass - Good to see you too! Hop back in, your friends are still here and rooting for ya!

K9
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Fresh Start!!!!!

Hi Daisy and welcome home. You know how good it feels to be AF, and you know what to do, right? Pitch any AL that's in your house, start working on a plan.

I think each time we quit and start again with AL it is tougher on us physically. So you may find you're having to work a little harder at it this time. But you know it's worth it. You can do this once and for all. We will do it with you!

Congratulations for reaching out and for realizing it's time to take control.
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

Fresh Start!!!!!

It's so true that getting back to sobriety after a relapse is very difficult, but it can be done. I just celebrated one year sober after a relapse during the summer of 2012. I was devastated about the relapse, because I had put together 3 years of sobriety. I will now protect my sobriety w/all that I have. As soon as I took that first drink, the obsession was on me immediately. I had been taking my sobriety for granted & let some alcoholic thoughts take hold. "Maybe I can drink normally now that I've been sober for 3 years." or "Maybe I'm not an alcoholic after all." or "I'm not as bad as some people" etc. So, bottom line for me: I have to do whatever it takes to stay sober. I like the sober life, as I don't wake up hungover & feeling ashamed of myself. Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X