No announcement yet.

My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow dragging up an old thread again but it still brings back the memories of what it was like being a drinker. I sounded tired of it all and i surely was. How my life has changed in 2+ years, how much for the better in all aspects.

I have read my "now knows" and the "i have's" and they still apply today although now even more so. Reading back i can feel a sense of determination and grit and some bullsh*t thrown in to make me believe this is what i wanted and how i felt. Or is it how i felt all along but now only really realise it? Fake it till we make it.

Oh the firsts, now such planning that trip to Thailand entailed. I look back and know that if i had not planned that trip i would have failed. Al was everywhere and i was so scared of failing, terrified of coming back on here after all the help i had received but i didnt fail and that built me up for the other firsts to come along.

Wow i sounded so sure at 200+ days and it made me smile to have a read of how i felt back then. So much has happened in the last 800 days that a reminder of the first 200 is just what i needed, to realise that i have done all of these 1000 days and its not a dream.

The 500 day countdown began on my last post, such determination and dedication lol.

In the past 500 days my dearest friend has died, i dont have much contact with my mother and i have started a drug and al course and found a man who i am ready to form a relationship with in the distant future. As i have come to realise day by day is all i can do, there is no rush, there is no dancing girls or street parades though i am still hoping. I do know i will never drink again, my life is way to precious to waste it on al.

1000 days and off to listen to Avicci. I still feel so sorry for that DJ who i crucified drunk!
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
    X