Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Australia!

Hi Jane!
    A Melbournian hah? Fantastic! I'm sure you will do fine tonight. Once you made up your mind, you will stick to it. I am a closet drinker on the other hand, never drink heavily on a party or amoung friends. However... after that, it's a different issue. I feel for Otie, out there in the big smoke, and alone. Would it be lovely to hear from Lisa too, than we could be buddies from down under. Tell me how you went tonight. Good news welcome! Agatha

Comment

hi Aussies, I'll get back to you after 'The Bill"

Robin
      (also from Melbourne)
      x

Comment

OK, "Bill's" over now!! Hi, Agatha, and Otie and Jane,

Robin from Melbourne popping in to say hello and welcome. Firstly, to quickly introduce myself, I've been on the full MWO program (topa, supps., hypnotherapy CDs etc) since the start of the year, with terrific results. After reasonable AF period I am now 'moderating' - that is a very occasional glass of wine on social occasions only - and not missing it at other times. And I'm delighted!! And so is my daughter (yep, another mum) who, oh, so tactfully (not) points out how much weight I've lost since giving the wine a miss.

So, there you go - no more downing glasses of wine while preparing the veggies for dinner, I drink green tea instead!! Though I might have to try your Rooibos tea Agatha - where do you get it?

So stick to it ladies. This program WORKS. Keep up the good work Agatha. Good luck at the party Jane. I hope things are starting to look up for you soon , Otie. You got some pretty good advice from Rottrod and Arial I see. That's the beauty of this site. So many terrific people from all over the world, with great hearts, good advice and broad shoulders. Available at all hours too. (And when all else fails there is always a sprinkling of fellow Aussies to give you a kick up the back side if needed.)

Love,

Robin,
        x

Comment

Dear Otie,

It's Saturday and I hope you are not working too hard.
          You know, I admire your currage of being in the big smoke, and doing a good job. This must be overwhelming times for you.
          Whenever I travel to Europe, I am so stressed out, and then comes the bottle.
          Are you under stress? The reason I'am asking is that I can not deal with it at all. Thanks to my husband I'm not even in the workforce!
          I have a theory. Various circumstances place a hugh preassure on very capable people , expecting that they will hold out. But they do crack.
          Interestingly enough, depression, alcoholism does not happen to placid people.
          It only happens to those, who are highly capable and giving, but overextended themselves,- for whatever reason.
          Dear Otie, please take a note of that.
          Keep in touch. Thinking of You!
          Love,
          Agatha

Comment

Dear Otie,

It's Saturday and I hope you are not working too hard.
            You know, I admire your currage of being in the big smoke, and doing a good job. This must be overwhelming times for you.
            Whenever I travel to Europe, I am so stressed out, and then comes the bottle.
            Are you under stress? The reason I'am asking is, that I can not deal with it at all. Thanks to my husband I'm not even in the workforce!
            I have a theory. Various circumstances place a hugh preassure on very capable people , expecting that they will hold out. But they do crack under the heavy burden.
            Interestingly enough, depression, alcoholism does not happen to placid people.
            It only happens to those, who are highly capable and giving, but overextended themselves,- for whatever reason.
            Dear Otie, please take a note of that.
            Keep in touch. Thinking of You!
            Love,
            Agatha

Comment

Dear Melissa!
              Thank you for your posting. No remote control to our promblem I'm afraid.
              My Mum is also quite old, 87 , and last year I went to Europe to look after them. My Dad was dying. Spent 2 months with them 24/7, expecting the worst in terms of their life and my duties etc.
              All that happend. But. I discovered something to treasure. We had the most beautiful converastions ever, and a peace of mind. HUMANITY happening between us.
              If, I did not do that "sacrifice" as many people thought I do, I would not had ever discovered their true lovely nature.
              In the end, I was the one who gained a lot of understanding, and the knowledge of an unconditional love.
              Now, who did a "service" to whom?
              Love,
              Agatha

Comment

Hi, Robin (Hood?)
                You certainly dont mince your words. A kick up...well deserved, maybe. How was the Bill?
                Fun apart, it is a great place to be amoung friends. I can not believe that so many beutiful people are out there!

Love,
                Agatha

Comment

Dear Agatha & al,

It's Saturday 11am here in NY. I was going to have a work free weekend, but after speaking to my boss in Sydney I need to get some plans and documents to him by Sydney Sunday morning. There goes my weekend.

Thank you all Rotts, Arial, Pops, Jane and especially Agatha for advice and being there for me. I truly appreciate it and I am really feeling that I am not alone.

In fact, when I get back home, I'll be quite alone - during last half a year I got rid/lost/etc a lot acquintances - most of them drinking friends and I have been just drinking home alone after work. I do have 3 good friends though - and nicely - they all emailed me yesterday how I am doing here.

I am trying to enjoy NY as much I can, though - I have tickets for opera for Tuesday night and Thursday night I went to jazz club right next door to where I am staying - and had only 1 glass of white in whole 2 hours! The supps are working.

Yes, I got the book, CDs and supps with GABA a week ago and started taking them - despite I drink - they should lessen the drinking and give the vitamins etc. I have also been going to gym every morning for last 2 weeks apart from Thu and Fri. And that helps, too.

Yes, I am very stressed at the moment - at work I am in between the vendor and my boss and both are shouting to me and all the other rubbish... Then when I get back to Sydney I have court case - I had my rock bottom with drinking back in Mar when I made a scene in a shop when drunk. I have not told anyone except my sister and my lawyer. It's too embarrassing, but it just opened my eyes how bad I really have got with my drinking. I attended AA back then and I realised there that I am really that bad with drinking. I stayed sober for 16 days but relapsed when here in NY in early April and have not been able to get back on track since. It's about half a bottle a night, but that needs to go as like this I am walking timebomb.

So Jimmy's done that? That's right. I remember now. You are right, so can we.

Otie

:racer:

Comment

Welcome Agatha & Otie

Otie, regarding your daughter forgetting mothers day, I can relate! My 16 yo son is in Germany on Rotary Exchange, and he forgot mothers day too. It made me quite upset, and usually I wouldn't really care about things like that. Him being away makes it hard when they forget things like that. Otie, you lucky thing - being in NY. What an amazing experience!

Agatha, I'm a Sydney gal. It's really nice to see so many Aussies here.

Scoob
                    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Hello Otie, and my dear skybarspace Friends!

I just cannot believe that just after a few days I found an online FAMILY! Alcohol might be bad, but it sure brings the most beautiful people together.
                      Yesterday, being Sunday I just relaxed, doing gardening, cooking and a movie. Walked on the beach as well, rough sea and icy winds. Being Monday, running arround, being stressed, and of course my beautiful plan of not drinking went out of the window. Four glasses of wine already. Luckily, had dinner in between. I am very dissappointed in myself! Where is my resolve gone? I hope, not all is bad, because looking in my wine cabinet, I only drank half of my weekly consumption. I guess, that is a progress. I just hope that I can keep it up. At least, when I wake up the next day, I can remember what the previous day was about. Not much I know, just a start.
                      Love to you All,
                      Agatha

Comment

HI there Aussies,

I am in Brisbane. My first week of pills and potions. I have drunk but have not binged. So I am happy with that so far. I do not feel uncomfortable about taking topa but am going just see what the the side effect pan out to be. I am in a pretty stressed situation at present looking after my Mum with full on alzhmeir's. It is a wild a crazy trip so I am trying to being kind to myself. Go easy on yourself people. Just because we have bad habits doesn't mean we are bad people. Ange

Comment

Side effects with messing up words is showing here!

Comment

Hi Ange!

It's great to have onother Aussie. You are from Brisbane. A favourite city of mine. I spend obout half a year there and the other half in Melbourne. I really can relate to your mum's alzheimer, my dad had something similiar in the end. In my experience it's not so much the the caring, but the knowledge that their mind is going, the very thing, that defined them to us a parents,- is really very hard.
                            It makes me frightend of old age. I remember, my dad was so ashamed when I wanted to shower him, he felt that his dignity was gone. I think that in our culture death is a taboo, as if it was something unnatural. No one can escape this fate.
                            If I would be in an important educational position I would start to educate children with stating two important facts.
                            1.) There Birth,
                            2.) There is Death,
                            3.) There is life in between.
                            We cannot do anyting about the first two. About life, we can. Sounds good and reasonable, the only problem is, I havn'n learned it mysef yet. Striving though to understand.
                            Welcome Ange,
                            Lots of love,
                            Agatha

Comment

Welcome Agatha - keep posting! :welcome:

Comment

Working...
                              X