Back Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Again

I've cut out some names from social media/phone - these are the people I only ever see when I'm drinking. If I'm not drinking they don't hear from me and I don't hear from them. Are we real friends? I don't think so. But the sad thing is, my true friends get neglected when I am drinking. I opt to hang with the other wasters instead of the people I really get something back from.

I think the catalyst to a better life is EXERCISE.

If I am training well I eat better naturally. I sleep better. And I don't want to booze it up as it will destroy my gym performance.

I've signed up for a meditation course in a couple of weeks too.

Comment

Back Again

You can do this London, you have done it before and you were feeling, sounding fantastic so bring those days back to yourself again, you can do it and you so deserve it.

If you dont want to be on here constantly is there an AA you could see about. Its not for me and it may not be for you either but its a thought.

Al does us no favours with relationships believe me, i am now starting to heal my relationship with my mum which i realised was due to 99% al (me) and not her. I have no one to blame but myself and at the end of the day there is no point in my feeling guilty and ashamed as it happened, now all i can do is be the best daughter that i can without al totally ruining what i very nearly lost. This is the choice that i have made and its all about choices!

Be strong my friend, you are still young and life is meant to be lived. I wish i had made the decision to get rid of al at your age and not at 50.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Back Again

Thanks everyone. I've had a workout and feel better already .Exercise need studio be a part of my life all of the time. As does mediation. And eating well.

How can I support another person if I cannot look after myself.

I've realised there is conflict. Al causes me to be someone and do things that are not me.

And Al takes. It does not give. A life of giving is so much more fulfilling.

Time to take responsibility for my actions. I have to cut certain people from my life. I need to surround myself with positive people. I need to get my priorities in order.

Partying leads me into an illusion. I am then left with horrible dark thoughts - thinking of just ending things.

But I know I'm here for good. I'm here to give energy. Not take it away.

Thanks for the kind messages and I hope to give you support again when I'm out of this slump.

Comment

Back Again

Way to go, Londoner. I'm with you about exercise - it helps clear the mind. Glad you're here to stay.

Pav

Comment

Back Again

Ditto that; exercise (especially outdoors, in good light) makes a huge difference. I ended a 3-week spell of daily AL last week, and within a couple of days was back to running and working out. What a difference it made to my level of anxiety and restlessness during the detox period. Keep it up-- that is, let's both keep at it.
            Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

Back Again

bump!!
              hoping you're doing well Londoner!!
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
              X