Not trying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not trying

So hard .... Trying to give it All up so helpless at times two or three days tired ahhh you know help I'm tired. Exhausted.

Not trying

Nothing in life is meant to be easy Sparkles. I definitely did not find giving up al "sunshine and roses" but if we really want to get rid of al out of our lives we have to go through the withdrawals and cravings and urges and take one day at a time.

I was exhausted from planning my drinking and drinking so giving up drinking i had only one plan and that was to stop. Go to the newbies nest and settle in. I did not get to 6 months nearly by not trying my hardest in this battle and i am happy to say i am winning.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Not trying

available;1662521 wrote: Nothing in life is meant to be easy Sparkles. I definitely did not find giving up al "sunshine and roses" but if we really want to get rid of al out of our lives we have to go through the withdrawals and cravings and urges and take one day at a time.

I was exhausted from planning my drinking and drinking so giving up drinking i had only one plan and that was to stop. Go to the newbies nest and settle in. I did not get to 6 months nearly by not trying my hardest in this battle and i am happy to say i am winning.
      You are such a kind soul Ava:l
      And change your 'mood' I don't want you STILL sick :H:H

Comment

Not trying

Sparkles,
        I agree with Ava. It takes work, time, effort, but you're worth it. We all are worth the time and effort it takes to get away from this beast, al. Please come to the nest and get the help and support you need. Check out the toolbox, rearrange your tools, make your plan today. It all starts on day one and this is your time.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Not trying

Sparkles - try not to get overwhelmed. Just get through THIS day, and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. You ARE so worth it. Most of us alcoholics are caring, loving people that wouldn't dream of treating others the way we treat ourselves! You can do this, and we will be here to help! :l
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Not trying

Hi Sparkles. Quitting AL is very hard, but as the others have said, you are worth it.

I recently decided that it was too difficult to maintain my quit. It was hard. I was tired of the fight. Unfortunately, I gave in and drank. It was one night and it was a disaster. I had forgotten how exhausted drinking made me feel...physically, emotionally and spiritually. I wanted to climb out of my skin the next morning. The exhaustion lingered for days.

So, I completely empathize with how you feel right now. Too tired to keep drinking, too tired to stop. But you can, and you will. The fact that you are here, posting, says that you want this nightmare to end. Sparkles, let this be your bottom, and start the climb back up to the life you deserve.

We'll be by your side every step of the way. xx
            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Not trying

I am going to second everyone's comments here...for some reason I am not very articulate (this is what years of drinking does to you, I used to love writing...now I have perma-writers block because I am always in a brain fog...) tonight...it is hard...people are lying when they say it's easy because it's not...quitting and maintaining sobriety is tricky...it has its ups and downs...but it is so worth it.

I too, was sick of planning my next drink...all that thought going into buying booze and drinking it and making sure I had enough was so gawddamn tiring...not to mention all the myriad of problems that accompanied it..anxiety, stress, missed work, laziness, forgot everything...
              I was never there while actively drinking...I just merely existed...

When I look back now I realize that actively drinking was more difficult then not drinking...living life was more difficult...along with doing everything else.
              It does get easier....it really does...there are difficult days, sure...but you're not the only one...you're not alone here, Sparkles. We are all here for you - support you...I suggest too, to check out the Newbie's Nest.

You definitely need to have the mentality, as everyone else suggested...one day at a time...we can deal with just today...anyone can...so just for today don't drink...and if you want to drink tomorrow...well, you will cross that bridge when you get to it.

Comment

Not trying

Briseus as someone looking forward to working on getting back to his writing get a piece of paper and a pen, close your eyes and go. Forget grammar. We need that passion which is stronger than AL and the world can't afford to lose any beautiful voices.

Sparkles, we are always here for you. What are some things you have been passionate about? Why? We'll remember who we were and who we want to be together. This is but a moment in time. There are so many better ones to come.
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Not trying

K9Lover;1662651 wrote: Sparkles - try not to get overwhelmed. Just get through THIS day, and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. You ARE so worth it. Most of us alcoholics are caring, loving people that wouldn't dream of treating others the way we treat ourselves! You can do this, and we will be here to help! :l
                  Yep. One day at a time. K9 gave me the advice - even one hour at a time. You'll feel better soon (and it was true).

Gatorade, a hot bath, food.

xo

Comment

Not trying

Thank you Orimus. I will make sure to try that. Get back on track with my writing. Appreciate it.

I agree with Pavati. Along with that bath and Gatorade I will add on tea, some chocolate, good books and some gossip magazines that you wouldn't otherwise buy for yourself. Things like that helped me immensely as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X