Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story

Hi everybody,

I've been reading through this forum and many like it and decided it was about time I made the step to trying to come to terms with my relationship with alcohol.

I'll give a little bit of a break down of myself first I guess since it feels kind of nice to get it out there.

I'm Irish and have just graduated in my early twenties, i'm unemployed and have had occasional bouts of depression over the past couple of years.

I wouldn't call myself an alcoholic but I have known for quite some time that alcohol is something which has an unhealthy influence on my life, when I look at the poor choices I have made, my state financially and the relationship breakdowns etc it always involves alcohol in some manner.

I have found in the past few months I am drinking more on my own and alcohol is no longer strictly a social thing but something I am looking for just for the sake of it.

In the past from the time I graduated to the time I was employed for a few months I felt my drinking was increasing, I became heavily depressed and alcohol exasperated anger in me and made me lash out, it was starting to turn me into another person.

I have so much natural energy and I know I am a good person but i'm scared of what I do and who I am when I drink, I really want to make sure I don't go down the same path again (Which I can feel happening now i'm once again unemployed) and end up hurting myself and others.

I really just want to be able to talk about it somewhere as I make an effort to stay away from alcohol for the long term.

Thanks for reading, I may end up spamming this thread as time goes by, if it helps it helps

My story

Crimson, welcome! Good for you taking that first step. I think your best place for support is the Newbies Nest. Also, check out the toolbox for some really helpful tips and stories......
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

My story

Hi, Crimson,

You're definitely a candidate for the Newbie's Nest. Everyone there has been where you are, in one way or another. We understand, and won't condemn.

Oh, I would drink, and lash out in anger and frustration. You and I have that in common.

Please join us.

All the best,
      Juja
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

My story

Welcome, Crimson! Glad you are here. This is a great place to find support. Check out the Newbie's Nest and post, post, post or lurk whatever works best for you!

Comment

Working...
        X