Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One year

Hi!
    Well, I just wanted to start out by saying, how much I respect everyone in here. I've been reading a lot of different posts.. I decided to try and go one year sober again.. First time for me was non intentional. I was actually diagnosed with a disease where doctors told me I couldn't drink for a year. It was 15!years ago.. I quit that time without a second thought ( I was so scared..) So, how come I cannot do it again now, when I actually think
    alcohol is really ruining my life..
    I'm posting this for me. But I hope for your support to keep it real.
    I am sick from alcohol. It's not different..

One year

Stick close here, read, and post and it can be done. I just passed 13 months af. It's wonderful. And I have made some incredible friendships along the way.
    :welcome:
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

One year

Welcome Lala, Im nearly at 6 months and all due to perseverance, determination and posting on here daily or more to be accountable.

Lots of lovely people on here, head over to the newbies nest and settle in. You will be in for the ride of your life but its a great ride to be on.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

One year

Hello & welcome Lala,

Glad you decided to join us
        You can meet your goals with a strong commitment & a good working plan. Lots of us have done it & you can too

Drop in the newbies nest thread for more support!
        Wishing you the best!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

One year

Hi Lala,
          So glad you're here, and yes, the support and encouragement you'll get here is remarkable. Please come to the Newbie's Nest and you'll see lots of people racking up AF days!
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

One year

Hi, Lala!

Happy for you that you came here to get that monkey off your back. You'll find a lot of support and great advice just by reading and posting around here. I reached the 180 day milestone today - if I can do it, you can, too!

Pavati

Comment

One year

Good luck - you can do it!
              Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

One year

Thank you, all for posting and being so welcoming.. Well, today is day one and I'm feeling strong so far. To be honest I've been on this path so many times, quitting and not, going back and forth.. The longest I went about a year ago was almost two months..
                It's just very scary to commit to quitting "forever", that's why I'm trying to set up a shorter goals like 1 month and see where it goes from there and at the end can't even last two weeks.. Somehow I feel this time is different.. I sure hope so. I will keep posting, like you all suggested.. Thank you again for your support..

Comment

One year

Hi :welcome:

A good place to hang out at the beginning is the Newbies Nest. It is one of the busier threads (but even it can be slow on weekends). The toolbox is full of ideas for you to consider. The links are given below.

2 months is excellent but it takes even longer than that for your brain (and spirit) to heal. But the good news is, you just have to do it a day at a time.

All the best, NS

Comment

One year

Welcome lala you have come to the right place. I too am here to quite for not only one year but for ever ... Stick around
                    Rahul
                    --------------------------------------------
                    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                    Rebooting ... done ...
                    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

One year

Welcome aboard! Nothing to add except that you are among friends here! So glad you found us, hope to see you over in the Newbie's nest....we take things a day at a time! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

One year

Hi, everyone, so I'm trying to follow an advice and post here more often..
                        Well, it two days for me so far. Idk if it's going to be different this time, but Im doing it..
                        I work late and last Saturday I was running to my car to try to make it before 2:00am. Yesterday and today had to work past two and was happy, that there was a reason for me not to run.. Came home, made some tea (love it, but didn't have any for months - preferred wine instead). It's funny how it works - you get some food and n/a liquid in you and cravings are almost gone, two hours earlier felt like I could kill smb for couple glasses of wine.. (see can't say GLASS, because even in my imaginary drinking it's not enough! Who drinks just one?!! Crazy people! What for??!!)

Comment

One year

Woke up this morning, feeling really good about myself not drinking last night. How does it work that morning is so much better then a night.. No cravings, great mood. Started day with a great cup of coffee. The only upsetting thing is that I ate all my fancy cheese last night
                          Will try to survive day 3. Have to work late again tonight, so should be easier. Have a day off tomorrow though, so have to come up with a plan how to spend it and not drink..

Comment

Working...
                          X