hiya...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hiya...

It's my first time posting, but I've been lingering here on and off for probably a year... Reading stories and gaining courage....I've been drinking a bottle or more of wine a night for years.... Mostly every night. Some breaks here and there, but never longer than 2 or 3 nights. This has been going on for roughly 7 years.... Prior to that, I was a binge drinker here and there in my early 20's etc... In my early 40's now and have a wonderful child.... I want to make things better than my mom did even though I understand her pain and why she lived the way she did.... I want to make a better life for my son.... I'm sort of ashamed to say that tonight I am about halfway into one of the larger bottles of wine.... Looking forward to support for tomorrow!!

hiya...

Now, I kinda feel stupid for putting this out there!

Comment

hiya...

Boo hello and welcome. Good on you for posting, it is a great start. Oh i am guilty of posting on here with al for dutch courage. Its truly hard to admit we are alcoholics let alone ask for help as i always thought i could give al up at any time without any help, just determination on my part. I wasnt as bad as others, i could stop at anytime. I could not stop at any time, i am as bad as others but we are all different. The one thing was have in common is we cant stop drinking once we start.

What worked for me was posting on here once or twice a day to be accountable, get all al out of the house, stop lying to myself that i didnt have a problem and to give everything i had to stop drinking and to never listen to myself when i came up with an excuse to just "have the one".

I love being sober, my adult children are so proud of me and my life is great. We all understand Boo, we have all "been there and done it", its not easy as that al voice will try and entice you to drink, it doesnt want to lose its best friend. Be strong and keep on here, this is my AA, this is my support network and it has worked.

Head over to the newbies nest and say hi, there are lots of people at different stages to help you along.

Please get rid of all the al out of your house.

I was a 1 to 2 bottle a night drinker and for years and years i drank more and more until i decided i needed to stop before i killed myself drinking. I have never regretted my 7 months of being sober.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

hiya...

Boo you will find that a lot of people are asleep atm as so many different time zones. I am from Aus so day time for me. We wont ignore you so dont worry, someone will answer.

Comment

hiya...

Available... Thank you for responding! It means a lot!

Comment

hiya...

I will head over to the Newbie's nest!

Comment

hiya...

Absolutely no problems whatsoever. I remember when i first gave up drinking and everyone was asleep and i was like "nooooooooooooo" but i posted like a lunatic and putting it down in writing seemed to help me get past the cravings. The newbies nest is a really good place to say hi also.

Where are you from?

Comment

hiya...

Boobooglass - Welcome to MWO - glad you posted here! We have all had to start somewhere and many of us lurked for a long time before our first posts, just like you.

One of the best places to start is in the Newbies Nest, as Ava mentioned. If you haven't found that thread yet, here's the link:

Newbies Nest

Sorry to hear you feel stupid for putting your story out there. It does take a lot of courage to share your story, but this is a very safe place to do so. You are in a place where people really do understand, and where many have had very similar experiences. I hope to see you posting again!

Hugs to you...
                Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

hiya...

Thank you, Wagmore!

Comment

hiya...

I am from Florida... Born and raised!

Comment

hiya...

do you have anyone that can support you on being af? i have here and my children which is a real help. I used to find that i got to day 3 and the thoughts of "i can have a wine, i am fine" crept in and it really does take a lot of willpower to say no to that voice. that is when i came on here and posted and read and watched a lot of alcoholic documentaries.

Comment

hiya...

Hi Booboo,
                        Welcome to MWO. I'll see you in the nest. Lots of great threads on this site, knowledge from long timers. You chose a great site. We'll help each other to begin their AF days and stay with it because it's so worth it.
                        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

hiya...

Welcome Boo Boo! I hope you return and let us know how you are doing.
                          We will support in your journey, because we all want to be better. My biggest motivator to change my habits was my children. When I was growing up, my mom would "quietly" get drunk with her "iced tea" (mixed with vodka)... as children, we grew up and figured it out. As good children, we never confronted our mother, as good children of alcoholics won't... however, as I became a teenage, I vowed to NEVER be like her!

Guess what. I became like her.

I'm a little older than you, and live in sunny SC, but I'm here for any support you need.
                          :groupluv: Patty
                          "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                          so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                          :hug:

Comment

Working...
                          X