No announcement yet.

Army..Christmas is coming....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! How are you feeling today, I missed some chat yesterday, did you see the doc again?
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Yes, saw them and they want to find out what type of infection it is so spent the day gobbing into a cup. Will take this delight down to them today.
      Still feeling a bit rubbish and breathless but they told me if it was a virus it can take 15 days to go!!

Comment

Morning lovelies,
        Its that long ago I had phewmonia can't remember if I did the gobbing thing. I was in horsepital though with what they kept calling a severe chest infection........didn't find out I had phewmonia til I got home and saw my GP. They did x-rays and stuff in the horsepital.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Jax. How come you went to horspital? They were asking me if I had ever been in with a chest infection before. I have, but many moons ago

Comment

Can tell you the exact date. 12th Sep 1991.
            Mr JC had to call an ambulance as I was getting chest pains as well as not being able to breath.....Vick vapour rub wasn't cutting the mustard.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ouch JC.. that was nasty!
              Starty, it must be close to 15 days now?
              I hate when they say its a virus.. at least with you have hope with an antibiotic that its on the way out.
              You taking lots of Vit C?
              good luck this morning.

Must fly, not a child in the house washed...

Comment

I was out after 5 days......felt fantastic.

I do the Chrimbo cards as long as Mr JC irons his shirts.

You get these for 150 days ,Mary.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all.
                  :welldone: Mary - veteran is right :yay:

Last night went well - I think the penny is dropping for young Satz. Slowly ........ bit like his mother .....
                  He's finding it hard to admit the extent of the problem - so I am having to remind him - which is hard when he cringes
                  He won't talk about it openly at home if his father is there.
                  Another young guy from the group has fallen & had to step out of the programme.
                  Not sure what happens - if they join another group or go into the house for more intense treatment.

Comment

Morning all, flying visit.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Evening army i got confused and was on the wrong tread then Roxy directed me lol. Went to an AA meeting at 1pm and stopped of at local Tesco in the way home. It was ok setting out for the meeting the rain wasn't heavy but it was awful on the way home waiting on the bus it starting raining heavier and the wind was against at the bus stop which i waited 20 mins for one to arrive and then traffic was heavy. The wheel of my shopping trolly broke getting off the bus as i had a heavy bag of cat litter in it so had had to drag that from the stop to the house so i'm not if i can fix it but i'll try lucky its not an expensive but i need for shopping to get the heavy stuff as my back can't handle heavy bags. Phew just glad to be home and just had a mug of coffee and a mince pie. Still have the sniffly cold but i'm so bunged up. Moan over.

Comment

Ah I missed all my mince pies and my fuss earlier, thanks VERY much!
                        Not sure about the veteran bit though. Most days it feels normal enough, but its still very much on the forefront of my mind, not cravings, just thoughts about NOT drinking, planning events and conversations in my head - I still feel I obsess about it and I wish it would just feck off!!.. still, its a hundred times better that obsessing about getting it into me! maybe a thousand.

Hows the wig Molly? Are ya gorgeous?

Satz, good the penny is dropping. Tough time Christmas. Even for a veteran like me

Comment

Foxy, I got these in my local chemist and although I cant say for sure if they have helped (not having a twin with the same head cold who didn't take them), but Its completely gone and I was sure I was heading for an antibiotic.

Comment

Oh thanks Mary i will have a look for those next i'm near a chemist i will write the name down on my list otherwise i'll forget. Yes its good that young Satz is getting it and i hope the therapy and meetings will help its not easy any time of year but Christmas is so in your face with drink and parties advertised and talked about a lot on tv and in work etc. I'm like you Mary the drink thoughts do come in to my head and i do think about how i'll cope over the season though i haven't been in any situation that may need planning. I don't want to drink but its always there most days. Just wish it would go and i wouldn't have to deal with it. Oh may be one day. The meeting today was good and always helps.

Comment

Evening,
                              Glad the meetings help, Glitzy. Honestly it gets easier.......can't put a finger on when.........but it gets easier.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well you have all be right so far, so I believe you JC!
                                it is easier today than it was last month, never mind the months previous.
                                I gave up smoking 12 or 13 years ago and found that tough, so if the fags are anything to go by, I don't give them a moments thought, ever.
                                Not quite the same category I know, but addiction is addiction, or is that naive?

Comment

Working...
                                X