No announcement yet.

January 19, 2016 is the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JG - I'm sorry for my late reply. I am a subscriber and I still don't see a working link. I did see a post that Roberta Jewel made
    Our partner E-store has been operating in the red for some time now, so we will be phasing it out. (Order your supplements now!)

I am sorry that it took me so long to realize that it wasn't worth it. I have been at MWO for years and I just celebrated 6 months alcohol free. I wasted way too much of my life.

So, with that being said - I completely understand what you are doing. I wish you all the best. I am not sure how many moderators are around but I do know there is a thread I don't want to be totally AF. There might be some helpful hints there. I have't read the whole thing but I've stopped by a couple of times to say hello.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi, Jersey Girl:

There is a site for tapering off - How To Taper Off Alcohol I know a lot of people find it hard because once you have one drink, your brain is no longer making the decisions, alcohol is. I think if you approach it VERY scientifically, measuring out what you're allowed to have, etc., it can be more successful. I am not sure what your goal is - no booze, or limited booze? Anyway, the three months before I quit were my "moderation" time. While I got in a lot of alcohol free days, I seemed to drink like crazy those days I did drink (as you mentioned just happened to you). It was like a last gasp effort from the alcohol demon.

Anyway - whatever you choose, do check in here. We can support and help. There is a lot of wisdom and many resources in the tool box on this site. I found listening to The Bubble Hour podcast to be VERY helpful - check it out on their website or through iTunes.

Hope you are well. We're rooting for you.
      Pav

Comment

Hey Jersey Girl, how are you??

Comment

Hi I am a Jersey Girl too. Trying once again to turn things around. Had trouble getting an outpatient appt. for treatment this time of year, everybody's going on the wagon, lol. I have major anxieties, money issues, and a problematic husband who gave up drinking 20 yrs ago and thinks everybody has the willpower. Not sure how these forum threads work or how to navigate. Would appreciate advice, thanks.

Comment

Hi, Blooming
            You're not a fool at all for wanting to quit drinking. And the good news is, you can! Here is a great place to start:

Just read back a few pages and jump right in! You'll be more than welcome. All the best, NS

Comment

Working...
            X