A tentative hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tentative hello

Welcome Uda.:welcome: Can't add much to what has already been said. Glad you are here.
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

A tentative hello

Hi Uda:
      Glad you found us. Sorry things seem so hard right now. Hang in there though, with the help of this site and the great tools used in the book, you can get through it. I hope you find what yo are looking for. I know I did!!!
      Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

A tentative hello

Wow! I'm totally overwhelmed by your responses, thank you. Are all of you following this particular program?

Thank you again for your very warm welcome!

Comment

A tentative hello

Hi Uda, welcome to MWO - we are here for you through good days and bad. Janicexx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

A tentative hello

Hi Uda,
            Welcome, I think most people pick and choose parts of the program that suit them. I think that the more you commit to it the more sucess you'll get out of it.
            Good to have you here
            Suz
            Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

A tentative hello

Hi uda and welcome.
              Like yourself, I hope to successfully moderate my drinking. Am currently AF(Day 3), striving to get my consumtion down from 7 standard bottles of wine a week to just 1 bottle. Finding it real tough already, but consider it attainable, if we all want it enough.

Starlight Impress

Comment

A tentative hello

Welcome aboard...

I'm already feeling less tentative than I felt two days ago when I started. Then I wasn't sure whether to stop drinking or drink sensibly, now have decided to stop. This site is endlessly interesting. If you feel wobbly, just peruse the boards, it's a great distraction if your mind wanders drink-wards.....! xx

Comment

A tentative hello

Hello Uda and welcome,

You have come to the right place for support.. I think we all follow the basic programme but as we get more used to it we add a bit here and drop a bit there.. There are no strict rules, its whatever suits you best...

One thing I would advise though is to try to visit the site every day, even if you have nothing to post just reading what others have posted can be a great help...

Good luck, Louise xxx
                  A F F L..
                  Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

A tentative hello

Just to add another Welcome!

I would say just keep an open mind and you'll find what works for you. People seem to use whatever parts of the program suits them and works for them. Take your time and look around the site - there are several threads for people starting out supporting each other - and for more long-term inspiration look at the long-term abstainers or moderators - their insights are invaluable. I wouldn't worry yet about whether to abstain completely or moderate - the program recommends that you don't drink for a month and I would suggest that's a good place to start - it gives you space and time (both pysically and mentally) to start making adjustments and start healing. See how it goes and how you feel after that time - maybe things will be clearer...

Again, a warm :welcome: and glad you found us!
                    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                    Goals:
                    Days 1-7 DONE
                    Days 8-14 DONE
                    Days 15-21 DONE
                    30 days DONE
                    60 days
                    100 days

Comment

A tentative hello

Welcome uda!

Make sure to check out the Research section on the home screen also. Lots of good info.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

lucky

Comment

A tentative hello

Uda,
                        Welcome my dear, and it's lovely to see you posting.
                        Make yourself at home here.
                        Meow-Meow
                        MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
                        X