4 weeks today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 weeks today

So...on I go. Still appalled by the thought of drinking, so that's good.

I'm sure there's not much I can say here that you guys have not heard before. I cancelled my trip with a friend; I
    Just don't want to be around people drinking at this point.

Thanks to all for being here

Ann

Re: 4 weeks today

CONGRATS on your 4 weeks AF Ann :welldone:

I don't blame you for cancelling your trip, I would have had done the same. Your quit is more important right now. Good choice!
    Wishing you continued success!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeaah! Congratulations Ann. Huge accomplishment my friend. break a string ya hear!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Congrats on 4 weeks Ann
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

4 weeks is so awesome
            :welldone:
            Sad that you have to miss the trip with your friend, but so happy that you are choosing to take care of yourself!
            Try to do something special for yourself today to celebrate 4 weeks :yay:

Comment

Well done on 4 weeks...that's a real achievement... 2 days to the official award!!

Comment

I'm so proud of you! GREAT work, Lady! Keep it up, you will never be sorry! Woooohooo!
                :yay:
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Great going! Congrats! :goodjob::welldone:
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Hi, Ann:

I wanted to join the congratulations party. I'm glad you're feeling strong in your quit. Keep it up!

Pav

Comment

Thanks everyone. I still think the episode I mentioned was the bottom for me.
                      I've been watching stuff about drunk driving, and the memories of that night are terrifying .
                      I won't let a wake up call be a tragedy...those memories are a wake up call.
                      And the thing about it is that if I allowed myself to drink, then I must calculate a day or two to recover!
                      What the hell kind of life is that? Ruined days when I know each one is a gift.
                      Absurd.
                      I'm taking advantage of the beautiful area I live in, with parks and lakes everywhere.
                      Exercise is so beneficial in any case , especially now.

I hope everyone has a good week.

Ann

Comment

Congrats Ann! It gets better and better.
                        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

As long as there's no alcohol involved. Lol! Congrats, lady

Originally posted by ssd858 View Post
                          4 weeks is so awesome
                          :welldone:
                          Sad that you have to miss the trip with your friend, but so happy that you are choosing to take care of yourself!
                          Try to do something special for yourself today to celebrate 4 weeks :yay:

Comment

Bottom is a secrewed up placed to be so I empathize. You never quite know until it hits you. Mine was jail for 2 nights and losing jobs and rehabs. I lost my wife that I love dearly and my step daughter. Bottom is a relative term to people. You really don't know until you hit it; then it happens even harder. I nearly died from alcohol and could not even walk up or down a step. I should have been in a hospital. Severely screwed with me. Jail, Institutions (rehabs) or Death. Wishing you AF life and have fun on the forum. Those of us that use it seem to be honest people so keep it up. Glad you joined us
                            Last edited by empyr3al; May 25, 2017, 11:15 PM.
                            "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

6 weeks now! You are kicking arse! Keep up the great work! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                              X