X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random thoughts

Hi friends-

Tomorrow is 5 weeks since the epic fail, heretofore known as EF. Lol

I sure do wish our culture wasn't drowning in drinking alcohol, so to speak. But it is what it is and for some
    there is no choice at all. To drink is to die, if not literally then the death of a pure spirit, free to be.

On the night of the EF I did not intend to fall down in front of lots of people. I did not intend to drive all over hell and creation while blind drunk. I did not intend to stop at a brewery down the street and get ANOTHER drink.
    I did not intend to smoke weed in my car with two complete strangers. But I did.
    That is what alcohol does to me, and there will not be a other episode like that.
    To be honest the weed part is sketchy; from 4 in the afternoon or so the memories are disjointed and unclear.

Just imagining my daughter getting a call that night that I was dead, or I had killed someone driving!?!? I think there is a reason I survived that hellish night . Maybe at some point I can help someone.

For now I remain ever vigilant, knowing what awaits if I waver in this commitment.

Thanks to all of you for being here

Ann

Re: Random thoughts

Hello Ann - good name!

I'm new here. Well, I was here once, years ago, but I really need to get a handle on (not) drinking. No epic fail here (that I'm aware of) , but my husband is pretty upset with me, since I drank last night and said something to him which I don't remember. I need NOT to do that.

Finnegan, begin again...

Annie

Comment

Re: Random thoughts

Hey Annie

Let's be sober buddies! As for the husband thing, mine put up with my shit for 22 years. Looking back he should have left me sooner than he did.

What part of Canada are you in? I'm quite fond of Vancouver

Ann

Comment

Working...
      X