Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ELEVEN weeks SOON

Good morning on Thursday--

I was thinking that Saturday would be 10 weeks, but it's ELEVEN. YAY for me! Somehow this weekly thing works for me, rather than counting days.
    But the point is whatever works, go with it.

There are random moments when I suddenly realize that HEY! I feel pretty good and happy! And I deserve it! There is so much to be grateful for!
    As I said before there is nothing that can threaten me that will make me deal with it by drinking. Just not doing that-since it's very clear that it makes everything MUCH worse.

Short story--I have a new friend who I plan to go to dinner with this weekend. She was telling me that her daughter told her about a cool place nearby with music and good food and "you can have a drink and sit outside." I just thought, no YOU can have a drink. Alas, I cannot. And that is not deprivation--that is living right!

I wish the best for everyonbe and thank you for being here-

Ann

Re: ELEVEN weeks SOON

Congrats Ann! You sound so good!
    Enjoy your night out, without al!

Comment

Congrats on 11 big weeks, Ann! Outstanding! The more distance you put between you and AL the better you will be, too. It gets even better! Stay strong, we are in the fight of our lives! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

:thumbsup:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Keep it up, Ann!

Comment

Hi All-

I've been out to dinner with a friend twice with no drinking. It's actually quite nice to not be an idiot.
            My friend had a drink the second time and asked why I did not get one. I just said I had a lot to do later.
            I'm really not tempted at this point.
            Feels like a reinvention of the self...you cannot be authentic when your brain is clouded with poison.
            Oddly I am no longer interested in the research about the physiology of addiction, withdrawal, recovery etc. Maybe it's
            part of the "keep it simple" idea. All I need to know is that if I drink, disaster is WAY more likely than not.
            I prefer to have a quiet (dull?) life. Uneventful is fine with me.

My daughter and the baby are gone for a few days so I have some time alone. There was a time when that would mean ridiculous shenanigans.
            SO over it. But I remain vigilant-

Ann

Comment

Originally posted by Struggles 106 View Post

you cannot be authentic when your brain is clouded with poison.

Ann
              Ain't that the truth Ann! Good job.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ann, you sound like a completely different person in terms of how you think about drinking. Isn't amazing how in a moment our thoughts can change and create a whole new reality?? I'm so glad that your thought-changing experience didn't hurt you or anyone else so you can enjoy and appreciate your new life without horrible repercussions or guilt. People don't need to wait for a tragic "rock bottom" but sadly, so often do.

I'm sorry about your brother's death :hug:. Love, NS

Comment

Working...
                X