Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking nightmare

Hi all-

I had a terrible dream about drinking. It was so awful that I woke up tense and frenzied about it.

I was driving a car and a small plane that said "Boeing" on it crashed into my car ????
    Then I was at a friends house at a social gathering, but apparently I had been drunk and I did not know where the damaged car was.
    The people there were saying that I had been drunk, and done some crazy shit and on and on. I walked around looking for the car.
    Finally found it. Much shame all around-awful

I was thinking in the dream THIS IS NOT REAL> I DID NOT DRINK. Then I would sort of slip back into the dream state where I was wandering around. Really bad feeling-

BUT I am OK, sober and plodding on LOL

Peace and love

Ann

Re: Drinking nightmare

Ann, I think most of us have had our share of drinking dreams......I know I have.
    They freak you out when they happen but they stop after a while. I haven't had one for years now.
    I chose to think of them as little gifts from my sub-conscious - I DON'T DRINK ANYMORE!!

Think of them as little gifts in disguise
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks Lav!
      In parts of it I was saying NO this can't happen. I've got 4 months now!
      There were other weird parts I won't go into, but none of it was pleasant.

Ann

Comment

I don't no what it is about that four month mark Ann. Every time I make it to that mark I have nightmares to. Than again at nine months. Have heard this same time period happens to others at past meetings. So glad they aren't real!..

Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on your contented sobriety. :smile:

Comment

Not sure if dreams like that are a blessing or a curse, but LIVING it doesnt have to be reality any more. Hang in! Hugs, B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Ann, drinking dream are not nice at all, don't get them like I use to get them, but I think when am under stress I seem to get them. It a good reminder not to go back there. Keep doing what your doing & well done x
            Catch22
            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
            X