Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi nesters

Hi everyone

I forgot to do a weekly check in Saturday at 17 weeks. I think that might be a good sign.

Being and staying sober is so um....enlightening. You get the time with a clear head to figure out what you REALLY enjoy doing, and not doing things with the sole purpose of perpetuating drinking. I find that a lot of stuff I did was all about the drinking part. So sad but I refuse to dwell on past mistakes.

Literally every day I remember something terrible from the past and some from LONG ago that I had not thought about in years. But again, I don't dwell on it.

My special little granddaughter will be 3 Sept 11th. Hard to believe but here we are. She still does not talk and has some odd behavior, which she always will. I think if she and my daughter were not here I would be dead from drinking by now, or close to it. She is a delight.

I hope everyone is doing well. And Gman I wish you a speedy recovery. Also I got a new Taylor guitar btw.

Looking forward to fall and cooler temps. Let's all have a peaceful weekend-

Ann

Re: Hi nesters

Hiya Ann!

Thanks. Glad you're going well. Granddaughter sounds a little cutie. Recovering quickly and fully here thankfully. Taylor geetars sound fab! They have always been real pricey in Oz, but i think they have also some cheaper axes these days. i love reading your reflective posts. I am understanding that dwelling on the past is for chumps. Chumps i tell ya! Raawk on and remember...............break a string!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Way to go, Ann.

Those past hauntings keep coming up for me, too, but they are sort of very faint, foggy recollections now.

Glad you get to be with your granddaughter.

Pav

Comment

Great job, Ann. We all have so much to live for and drinking just isn't compatible with that for us. Things will become clearer stil! Im so happy for you and very proud of you! Hugs to the girls!!! Xoxoxoxo, B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
        X