Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five months yesterday

Hi all-

Still doing well. It seems that knowing with certainty that if I choose to drink, even one drink, it could well be a disaster.

My daughter and granddaughter need me to be around. On the 11th the "baby" will be 3.
    As she gets older the profound nature of what she has is overwhelming at times.
    My daughter got a part time job; the other day the babysitter cancelled and my daughter was going to take her to a drop- in daycare for the afternoon, right at nap time. She said they have a napping room.
    The more I thought about it the more concerned I was. She does not handle strangers well, these people do now know her at all. She is quite atypical for a 3 yr old toddler. I felt that she would be terrified all afternoon.
    Since I have a great job with a great boss I came home and took care of her. I found myself crying at work - just so sad that she can't just go anywhere and be OK.
    She is, by the way, a long way from potty training. She still does not talk, just very few words. My heart breaks a little every day.

But one damn thing for sure- alcohol in this mix would be utterly stupid. And that is good to know

Peace and love

Ann

Re: Five months yesterday

Congratulations on 5months Ann. You're doing great. Especially when things have been a little tougher for you. Keep cup the great work. It's so worth it.
    X
    Sobriety is its own reward

Comment

Hi Ann well done on 5months so happy for you that you know that one drink would be a disaster. Having that awareness is great keep up the good work, your doing well:thumbsup:

X catch22 X
      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Wow! GREAT JOB! You are doing GREAT, keep up the fine work! :yay:
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
        X