Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling strange, sober but strange

Hi all

At this point,after 5.5 months I feel rather strange.
    I keep thinking about all the stupid drunken shit I've done, even from years ago. It makes me sad, and makes me wonder why I didn't stay sober before. But I guess it doesn't really matter.

I sort of don't know what to do with myself at times. Drinking was so pervasive, even though it wasn't every day.

I'm so feeling resentful about the situation here with my daughter and granddaughter. I find that I am keeping the baby ( actually 3 years old) while Hanna works sometimes and frankly I am tired of it. Of course I could not,lover her more, but I resent having no life. I realize that it's up to me to get going with all this cognitive dissonance but I'm a bit overwhelmed?

One of the worst parts of it is that I like a clean environment, and my daughter does not en of course I blame myself for raising her better, for not instilling in her this ethic. SO tired of cleaning up their messes.
    I might have mentioned that before she came here (2014) I wen to see her in Fresno. Her apartment was absolutely filthy.
    I was stunned. I actually did not even want to stay there. If not for me the situation would escalate here, where she lets things go until they are unbearable.
    A part of the little ones disability is her constantly chewing on her fingers, so to speak, so there's a gloomy mess on
    the furniture and elsewhere. She cannot help that but I should not be the one cleaning it up.

NO desire to drink, but I think I'd better get some help to sort all this out. Depression maybe....

Just feeling very troubled and conflicted. I seem to be unable to " look on the bright side"-
    I got a card from a friend the other day that said "You are loved by many." I was thinking "Really? Who would that be?
    Where are they?"

Sorry to be so gloomy

Peace and love

Ann

Re: Feeling strange, sober but strange

Ann--

Sorry you're gloomy. I get in those phases, too. I actually call it situational depression it feels so severe sometimes. I am lucky that it doesn't stay forever. And I am all for getting some help...

I am wondering if you have considered long term plans for your daughter? Can she ever live alone so you can have your space? If she can't, can you set up more rules around cleaning? I know it isn't easy, but might help?

We're here with you.

Pav

Comment

Hi Ann,
      Sounds like your going through a tough time it must be hard for you. There are many things I have done when I was drunk, and felt guilt about. The best thing you can do is accept it and move on we can't change the past but we can change the here and now. Like you said in your post you need help get the help you need and look after you.
      You need to have a word with your daughter and set some rules out, I know it can be hard, but it time for you to live your life as well.
      All the bests
      Xcatch22X
      Last edited by catch22; September 18, 2017, 06:20 PM.
      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Struggles/Ann, sorry to hear you're feeling so strange and having so many challenges around your living situation. That must be terribly difficult on all fronts. If you'd like suggestions, I bet folks here would be happy to chime in. If support and empathy is more what you need, we've got that too! I know we don't "know" each other, but I'd say you're pretty darn loved here on MWO! :heartbeat: Not the same as real live people in your daily interactions, but I hope you feel some of the love we have here for you. :hug:
        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

That made me cry. It means a lot to me especially when I'm miserable.
          Feeling defeated.

Comment

Ann! :heartbeat::hug:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
            X