First Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Timer

Almost through day one and feeling like day two is not possible! Ugg, 20 years of hard living is catching up with me!

Re: First Timer

Battles if you have done one day you can surely do 2. As we say here take it minute by minute or hour by hour. i used to look at documentaries on alcoholics on youtube or read the threads on this site. anything to keep me occupied and to not think about drinking.

You can do this. hard as it is, it is possible.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Battles!

Yes, you CAN do it. Diversion is a great friend. I watched and read stuff, took walks, ate ice cream - whatever it takes.

Comment

@Battle, :welcome: to mwo site, I agree keep reading and posting, if you need to make appointment with your doctor I suggest you do , try and join one of the threads there are people here that will help and support you anyway they can.
        All the best it is so worth it !

Xcatch22X
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Welcome [MENTION=24027]Battles[/MENTION] ... you'll find most situations strong and supporting on the site. Not quite sure where you are at in terms of type and style of drinking or if its daily and what quantity. If its heavy enough you risk seizure in the first 72 hours and delusions and tremor and sweats. If at 24-48 you are doing okay, this is when they strongly start to exhibit themselves and you may need medical attention if you are not guided by a doctor or in a detox. Just fair warning if you experience withdrawal. There are medications to assist with this if you do it correctly. Always preferable to do it monitored, but many many people do it alone. If you are extremely diligent you can do it with a taper but you need severe discipline or someone to dose you that can take your anxiety and frustration and a verbal beating that knows its the withdrawal talking!

I pray you aren't at that spot!

I only say this because I don't know your history and its of genuine concern. We are not doctors, just alcoholics with experience. Don't be shy, we've been there. Again welcome and look forward to your posts.
          Last edited by empyr3al; September 21, 2017, 05:05 PM. Reason: Incorrect Tag for Battles
          "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Hope you're still with us battles on day 2.
            Remember we are with you.
            We can do this together.

Kairos
            Sobriety is its own reward

Comment

Welcome, Battles! How are you doing/feeling today?

Comment

Welcome Battles! You've found a good place to begin your journey. Lots of folks here will understand what you're experiencing and feeling, even though our paths are individual. Great recommendations above for a couple of threads to start with. Hope to see you back for Day 2!
                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hang in there.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=24027]Battles[/MENTION], if you gave in and drank I don't blame you or think any different. We inflict incredible self induced shame when we fail even with our hearts in the right place. Believe me, most of us that have gotten sobriety, even for what seems an eternity in early sobriety have lapsed or relapsed repeatedly. Only to gather up some resolve and try again or a different way. Just keep trying. The forum is a support network of people and many lapse and explore why they lapsed.

I just hope you are still around and willing to give it a shot or that you have succeeded.

All the best.
                    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X