Nervous and feel lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous and feel lost

I joined today and hope this is the start of a positive and rewarding journey for me. I know this is not going to be easy. I have never used a forum before, it looks very complicating. Not sure where I start or what I should do. I will keep browsing the site to get used to it. Xx

Re: Nervous and feel lost

:welcome: Debbie,
    Bit scary making that first post but so glad you did.

Don't want to overload you with info at the moment but these are two excellent threads to have a read though

Say hello here for starters.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Debbie and Welcome! It is a bit confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it quickly. There's a thread called the Newbie's Nest, where people in all different stages of recovery support eachother.. it's one of the busier threads and good for daily contact. When I started off here, I began on the last page and read backwards to get to know the people.. here's the link https://www.mywayout.org/community/j...bies-nest.html..
      the Toolbox is also a great place to read, to collect Tools/ways of beginning and continuing on this journey..https://www.mywayout.org/community/m...-tool-box.html.. A couple to start with..but basically, if you find a thread that you like, introduce yourself and you'll get support. We all understand what you're going through.. Our stories all have at least some similarities, it seems.
      Looking forward to getting to know you better!
      Last edited by lifechange; September 21, 2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

X-Post. Jackie!! Hi!:happy2:

Comment

Welcome, Debbie, we are so glad you found us! This place saves lives and I am one of them! Huhs dear lady, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Welcome [MENTION=24031]Debbie18[/MENTION] to mwo site,
            First time posting can be nervous, but like you said this is going to be a start to a positive rewarding journey for you. Your first step coming on here takes courage. You won't feel lost on this site people here will guide you and help you with there support and sharing there experience as well. When I first posted on here I stated on just starting out. And join on one of the newbie threads. There is also a thread on General Dicussion called 24hour, you have not got to write much just saying you want to do 24hour. It a good way to start of by keeping it in the 24hour.
            Wishing you all the best

Xcatch22X
            Last edited by catch22; September 21, 2017, 06:43 PM.
            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
            X