Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help and want to help others as well

:egad::sad::sad:

I am an intelligent and loving woman who struggles with alcohol addiction. Was sober for ten years until I buried my father and my fiancé died the very next evening. This is after finding out my husband was having a four year affair. I left him and reconnected with my high school sweetheart and we were so very happy.....pure bliss for the first time in both of our lives. He passed suddenly and it turns out he had genetic heart problems. We didn’t know this. He was only 47. I also moved 500 miles from where I had lived for thirty years to reunite with him. Now I also have a sick brother and mother that I have to care for and now be responsible for. How much can a person take in all seriousness? So, YES....I RELAPSED and need support. Thank you and I hope to help others as well. Peace and love.

Re: I need help and want to help others as well

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place!

Comment

Hi Halfhearted,jeez sounds like a lot of stress! I feel for you glad you found MWO welcome you might try posting in the Newbies Nest thread,its pretty busy on there,again welcome
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

HalfHearted - I'm so sorry to hear of your losses - that must have been (and probably still is) very painful. Although the circumstances were somewhat different, I can relate to your story very much, as I also relapsed after about a ten-year quit because I went through a horrible string of stressful and sad events and I just couldn't take it anymore. That was a few years ago. I'm now approaching day 500 of my new and final quit, and this year brought another unbelievable string of stress and sadness. The difference is that this time I didn't drink. How did I do that??? I've been on MWO the entire time, posting every day, reading other people's posts, developing tools not only for resisting al but also for coping with life.

You CAN do this. We're glad you found us. You posted in a fine place. I would suggest that you also pop into the Newbies Nest thread - it's pretty active and you should find lots of support there, lots of other folks who are either in similar places in their quits and/or are farther along but stick around for the camaraderie and to help others.

Welcome :welcome: :hug:
        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Welcome Half, 10 years is a long time sober so great work on that. Stress is a big trigger for us alcoholics and you have had and are having your fair share of them. Sorry to hear of your losses recently. For me stopping drinking meant that i had to make me number 1 for a certain amount of time, the focus was on getting and staying sober and then helping others. I can imagine that will be very hard for you but sometimes we have to back away and think of ourselves. Selfish for sure but necessary to be sober.

Head over to the newbies nest and check in daily for support. MWO has kept me sober for nearly 4 years and each and every day i am accountable to the wonderful people on here.
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi, Half--

Sorry for all you have been through. I am fascinated by relapses after so long sober - hearing about them helps keep me on my toes. NoSugar, if she's around, might be able to dig up a Relapse in Retrospect thread in which people tell their stories as cautionary tales.

I am glad you decided to devote yourself back to your sobriety. There are a couple of threads that move more quickly where you will find daily support - hop on in to one and say hi.

I also recommend the Bubble Hour podcast. They do a great couple of episodes on relapse - it is good listening.

Pav

Comment

Working...
            X