Army June 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army June 22

Tabs is another one who had a rocky road but kept coming back.

Ain’t that the truth, took me over a decade to stop the madness.

@techie we are here in newbies. Molly decided to shake things up. Poor techie thought the whole army had left MWO.

Me too 😩
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Haha...sorry folks didn't mean to cause chaos ! TECHIE....WHERE ARE YOU ? GET BACK OVER HERE MAN:welldone:

Elsie! So good to see you...omg you have NO idea how many times I quit...then I didn't....then I quit...then I.....well you get the gist. Stick tight and if you want to talk us through your last relapse..I found that helped...you know...just pinpointing the moment before the moment of no return.

And of course if you don't want to that's perfectly fine too!

Your poor Dad Mary..and sounds like your mum too...I have literally forgotten covid even happened never mind the fact its still around..I haven't even got round to getting my 2nd booster shot...must do.

10k in less than an hour Rusters...sounds pretty amazing to me!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I heard through the grapevine that this thread had disappeared. So glad that it's not true! I rarely post here, but I often pop over and have a read.

Congrats on your retirement Molly!

Comment

Thanks Jude...here..maybe just starting out is the place to be! Great to see new old faces! xx

Comment

Morning

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]..............we're over here.

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]..................don't be strangers.

I did all my relapsing before I started posting here..don't think I ever got 3 days....I was a relapse queen....it was my doctor who had read about MWO in the Guardian...............seeing how I'd tried everything else he thought I should give you a go.
            I actually went back to see if I couldn't my first tiny pathetic post.......I couldn't find it but when I did find that I'd actually registered 8 months before.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].....hope your Dad's coming out the other side.:hug:

[MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION]............I was on a course with the place I used to volunteer and was shocked to find that alcohol was a carcinogenic.
            Last edited by JackieClaire; June 6, 2022, 09:46 AM.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I thought you all left. The thought was extremely distressing. Thank you for letting me know. We need you all. I need you all. XOXO

E826B851-9C52-419B-99B6-65C0C56F86EB.jpg
              Last edited by techie; June 6, 2022, 08:53 AM.
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                I thought you all left. The thought was extremely distressing. Thank you for letting me know. We need you all. I need you all. XOXO

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6211[/ATTACH]
                Oh TECHIE...all my fault..so proud remembering how to start a thread never bothered checking WHERE!!
                Mea Culpa..mea MAXIMA culpa:sad:

Comment

Good Morning Army,

thank you so much for the warm and supportive posts.. i'm running off to work this early morning but will check back in this afternoon..
                  wishing you all a lovely start to your day..

Comment

Morning,
                    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION].............looking forward to it.

Mother in law in hospital after a what was supposed to be 10 minute appointment to remove a growth on her eyelid. It wouldn't stop bleeding so she was shuffled off to another hospital. Luckily my SIL was with her all the time and our phones were going crackers. Pa in law is beside himself with worry. No wonder as they've been married over 65 years.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ah the poor woman...its ahead of us all!
                      Saw a picture of your queen the other day...my mum was born the same day as her apparently ..but just so glad mum didn't have to go through the indignity of old old age...hopefully your MIL will be fine.
                      Looking forward to you in the gang Elsie...as much or as little as you want to post. Later guys..at work myself xx

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Fingers crossed that your MIL is ok JC. Good to see you Lifechange. I took today off work so having a lazy one. Tough climb yesterday and we were out 7 hours. Perfect day for a hike though and the scenery was stunning.

Legs a bit tired but just took the dogs out so that should loosen them up.

Comment

Good afternoon, just back from a lovely weekend in the Lake District.

I had my 4th Covid jab on my way back and not expecting any side effects!

I have someone power washing outside patio and it looks like they are doing a good job.

Comment

Good Evening Army,
                            it's so nice that most (or all?) of you are in nearly the same time zone as i am..:happy2:
                            i just wrote a super long post in the nest and am beat! i know i need a while to get energy back after having polluted my body with alcohol, terrible sleep and eating habits, stress and all the other crap that comes with drinking.. i'm going to eat some dinner (you all say supper, right?) with my daughter and watch a film.
                            i'm really looking forward to getting to know you all better.. thanks for having me..xx

Comment

Supper? Dinner? No matter tis all food! As you know the first few days/weeks ARE tough so go gentle on yourself...funny I was just thinking...during some of my MANY quits I used to feel obliged to post here in case anyone thought I'd relapsed (silly I know)..but often just didn't want to...and whereas I would recommend the 'daily accountability' there is absolutely no pressure from us...its great to see you about again and ANYTHING you want to talk about we're delighted to converse...we can be very boring:congratulatory:

And you mind yourself MrsA ..Joe was quite sick the day after his 2nd booster so take it easy! Xx

Comment

Update on MIL...............she's coming home tomorrow. Going home to her toy boy husband.............he's only 92.
                                We all went to bed clutching our phones last night and we're exhausted. Funny when I first met Mr JC I was scared silly of her...............I love her dearly now.

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]................lovely to see you coming back.:hug:
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X