August Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Army

OK, lets try this location (Just Starting Out) to see if we can avoid the disappearing posts. I thought of trying Monthly Abstinence section but strangely, their posts dont appear if I click on My Unread Posts or Todays Posts. Anyhoo lets see how this goes.

Happy August everyone

Re: August Army

Originally posted by starty View Post
    OK, lets try this location (Just Starting Out) to see if we can avoid the disappearing posts. I thought of trying Monthly Abstinence section but strangely, their posts dont appear if I click on My Unread Posts or Todays Posts. Anyhoo lets see how this goes.

Happy August everyone
    Happy August too

Thanks Starty, fingers crossed it works. Techies 2.0 July one didn?t so this is worth a try. After that we will see.

Both yourself and Mary are superstars and a great example.

Last work day of the week today. Heading west in the morning and going to see the Barbie movie with daughter tonight.

Comment

I can see your post Rustop!!

Comment

I'm seeing both your posts....could it be???? Is Starty a genius????
        Happy August all
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Looks good from over here!

Comment

Still not seeing the more recent posts when I click on 'new posts' but I can live with that..

Brought all Max's stuff to a lovely rescue centre today...omg they were so appreciative...poor wee animals...anyway..it knocked Joe a bit but onwards and upwards hopefully.

Thinking of you both Mary and Starty...life can really throw things out of the blue...please god ye both get any help you can xx

Comment

Hi folks. Please ignore the thread I stated in GD! Happy August!!
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I got a laugh when I final read about the thread. I thought “Just Starty Out!” BTW, I like you to meet the reason for sleepless night and why I have toothpicks holding my eyelids open. Meet Lily

Lily
                IMG_0201.jpg
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                  Hi folks. Please ignore the thread I stated in GD! Happy August!!
                  And of course Tabbers posted on that one….hi all.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Gorgeous doggy Techie....enjoy her!
                    Hi Tabs...

My super tuned in daughter who is s'posed to be going to Canada tomorrow with Tilly has just discovered she needs a visa so she's just been on to ask can she come to Mayo instead....she says Tilly is much more excited bout Mayo than she was about Toronto!!! Bless her..I'm all over holidaying in Ireland after last month !

Comment

Wow, she will break hearts [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!!

Not counting chickens yet, but the August army is feeling good..

He's a strong man your brother [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].. delighted to hear YS is doing well. The Job is probably timely, he'll need a long term focus, a reason to get up, more than the gym (that you can choose to not go to when its cold and wet outside). As far as I remember, there was no particular trigger the last time, wasn't stress etc. He deserves it, after all that stress interviewing!!

Youngest loved the barbie movie (age 14) but my mate hated it! She's our age Rustop! Happy travels tomorrow :happy2:

1am pickup.from the airport. Think I'll set my alarm. Ugh... night all
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Are they not going to Canada at all not Molly??
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hey all, it does seem better doesnt it? Phew

Molls if I click Unread posts it doesnt appear but if I click Todays posts it does ( I think thats right :haha

Techie she is beautiful. You will have so much fun when you have had some sleep!

How on earth can you not realise a visa is needed until the day before I wonder...Does that mean she will lose money??

Must admit, I would be nervous about YS but Mary is right, a daily focus to move forward is a good thing. The sobriety tools will always need to be in the front of his mind each and every day.

Last day at work today. Cant come soon enough. So busy everyday which although isnt a bad thing but stress levels higher than I would like.

Have a good one all

Comment

Lol thats funny you should say that about youngsters Satz. Both my immediate boss and the Co owner have both said to me that they would rather have me than some young flighty unreliable person regardless if they have a degree I have nowt! :haha: which is lovely but even that kinda puts the pressure on. The more compliments I get the harder I work. Madness I tell ya. I think the stress is the industry I work in. Financial services and with the cost of living crisis biting our customers, workload has increased. Couple that with all the new regulations (Consumer Duty for example) and my part time hours, its a lot to do. I do put pressure on myself though.

Not tried ChatGPT but must do. It seems like a great tool!

Comment

Right ...another post missing...oh ffs

Comment

Working...
                              X