Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you do it?

Well Done

Really well done full of admiration for ya, u sound sooo strong and determined and your making me feel stronger too so thank you. If your new here aswell that makes it even more amazing your doing so well. & hey after what you've said when im feeling a bit better i might have to take the fallen bit outta my user name!
    :thanks: Stay strong

Comment

How do you do it?

Hopefully you've been able to get to sleep by now...but if not just keep checking in here...there's always someone awake and posting--and there's endless stuff to read, going back into last year (see the archived stuff...)--there is just so much helpful information to help you understand what you're dealing with and how others are struggling just like you....

Hope to see you here often!

~~
      "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

How do you do it?

nah still awake unfortunatley, but yeah u will see me here often, finding it really useful

Comment

How do you do it?

well prince, you will have to sleep at some point, hopefully it will be peaceful. i shall endeavor to call you prince on the mend. don't know how strong i'm feeling. someways i feel amazingly strong, in other ways i feel very depressed and cried alot today. but i didn't drink yet another day and didn't have any cravings to do so. i do like the topamax for that and the supps. but, i know feelings are meant to be felt and those too shall pass. feelings are just that meant to be felt. not who i am just what i experience. glad you are here. keep posting. l glut under the tongue gets rid of a craving. so there are things to do other than drink. might start making a list. and is it time to job hunt?
          :welcome:

Comment

How do you do it?

Hi Fallen Prince and welcome.

Am sorry to hear you`ve been feeling so down of late, but you know, you`ve came to a great place. Feel that I`m starting to get better, whereas I hadn`t the necessary resolve until I came here.

I wish you much luck,

Starlight Impress

Comment

How do you do it?

Hi FP, and welcome from me too!

Sorry to hear you are so down - but to be honest - it is probably what brought you here!

You have found an amazing place - so many kind, wise and supportive people.
              No-one will ever judge you here.
              I can honestly say they changed my life!
              Without them I would be in a much darker place right now.

Stick with us - If you have the guts to make that first step of admitting you need to change - you CAN do it.
              No-one will deny it is tough at first - but it DOES get better!

Take care

Satori
              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

How do you do it?

At Last

Well at last i actually fell asleep!! 4 hours of the most broken sleep ever but feeling a bit better for it.

Bootcampbarbie, sorry to hear you were feeling bad yesterday, guess its still gonna be a roller coaster ride for while but stick with it & well done for not turning to drink. I get what your saying about feelings i think thats why we all drank wasnt it to suppress them? & when you stop drinking you have to face them along with the cravings and physical aspect of not drinking, plus there seems to be sooo much more time in the day when your sober, i'm trying to think of ways to fill it - distractions is what i need!!! As for job hunting i've got 2 interviews now for next week which is a bit scary as the last two weeks ive hardly left the flat; my catchphrase used to be 'im a prince darling' (arrogant i know!) hence the user name now!! oh well as long we both stay sober things can only get better!

Starlight, thanks for the welcome, i know what you mean being able to chat to people in similar situaions bolsters your resolve, i hope things are going well for you?

Satori, liking the picture, very wise looking! just like your comments. I always thought in the past i just had to admit i've gotta problem and things would suddenly sort themselves out, when really i got worse when i realised alcohol is ruining my life. its changing my life that is going to help me get outta this rut and this website is the beginning of that.

Thanks all for the welcomes and stay strong:thanks:

Comment

How do you do it?

i've often found that being alcholic also carried with it a few other things like arrogance. lol so hahahahaahah yes, i'm a prince darling sounds perfect. but prince's do work don't they? i mean barbie has to work. ahahahahaahahah yes, today does feel better and i too had a really bad nite sleep but hey we are sober again. nice and i did bootcamp on the beach this a.m. and it kicked my ass. i threw up which is always attractive when barbie throws up on the beach after bootcamp. so congrats on the interviews prince on the mend. today, i must chin up and feel better. i'm practicing being good samaritan barbie and being good to me. not doormat barbie. that is not fun and lately i've had way too much of that which makes that bottle seem way too attractive. and yes, satori i think is one swell guy in a man skirt.

Comment

How do you do it?

ah well, esteemed prince, tis nite time there and i'm thinking you must be eyeing the scrabble game wondering wow, scrabble now there is a game i have not played in one heck of a long time. why, geez, t.v., cards, a book, a new friend, knitting, the usual. so i thought i'd email you before going on to my next long work thing day and say chin up. today is a good day to be sober. i know it can be done having had a very long stretch gosh i do believe i was just about at that 10 year mark somewhere 9 3/4 something like that when i got all sassy like barbie. sassy barbie and then decided i could moderate for years. and wow, that was quite a few years of some wild partying moderation. so, umm. we have 6 days. i thought it was five but then took my shoe off and recounted. yes, indeed it is 6 as i then went to my hand for the additional support. lol and i've had several times at the 6 day mark but each time i'm having a stronger time of it. so i know that as with all good things. you are prince on the mend in the right place. we have a little ranch family thread on the 30 day yu all thread? can't remember the name of it actually. but you'll find it. come over anytime. tis a nice pleasant group of peeps as well. but i'll keep this thread alive for moral support if you want it.

Comment

Working...
                    X