Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with friends you used to drink with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you deal with friends you used to drink with?

Last night, i was really offended. I was at a friend's place and they were all drinking. I was having a good time, but then one girl asked me why i was being so "conversative", which to me meant, why wasn't i drinking? Well, i simply ansered that i had to work last night, but i was offended that i got labelled as conservative just because i didn't want to drink and that i had that sort of peer group pressure put on me.

Today, it makes me feel even stronger to say 'no' to somebody who tries to make me drink. I am not going to be bullied into drinking... but it hurts just the same to know that i have to be vigilant. It's really kind of tiring. But, i know that once i train people, they will probably stop offering me a drink.

:durn:

Edit: Actually, i am feeling a little despondant over last night's events, but i know in my mind, the right thing to do is not to drink. But, it's events like those that make me think, "what's the point"? It's a bit disappointing, but i know i have to get on with it. Just venting.
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
    X