Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared!!!

Thanks for all your kind words.
    I made it through the night without a drink, but know it was a close call..........finally got to sleep at 4 am. Think the time differences can be a bit rough on us if there seems to be noone around when going through a desperate hr. or 2, but like you say tawny, there were a couple of people in chat who would have been a great help to me, but I must just have missed them and logged off.

I feel really `small` this morning and think it`s just hit me full-force in the face, exactly what I`m up against............really thought a steely determination alone would see me stay the course............now I know for sure that having a will of iron is of little help and I need something tangible to beat down the cravings.

Have to wonder why I`ve been doing O.K. `til now with the cravings...........have experienced some, but nothing anywhere near as intense as last night. I see some of you have felt this way too around 4th wk., so maybe it`s quite common to be tested almost beyond endurance at this point.

Am really having to look at the bigger picture this morning. Am very wary of kudzu and the likes, and I don`t really understand why, considering I must have been on the verge of alcohol poisoning so many times in the past. I can even reason with myself that alcohol is poisonous and kudzu is natural and reportedly harmless, so am left wondering if AAthlete is possibly close to the mark and my real fear of the kudzu lies in the fact that it is likely to help with the cravings, thus taking away my need of a drink, but also taking away my EXCUSE to drink...........maybe subconsciously I`ve been hankering after an EXCUSE to allow me to fail.........

Sorry for rambling on..........rambling in this post really reflects how confused I am at mo.
    Really need to give this a lot of thought today as I just can`t go through another night like last.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Scared!!!

Glad you made it through the night - but please remember that "Chat" is an option when you're having a really hard time. You can easily get rid of an hour of 'craving' time.

I personally love the Kudzu. No ill effects whatsoever.

Take care and stay with us.

Comment

Scared!!!

I too am glad to see you made it through last night and also that you are really thinking about it. Take care.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Scared!!!

Starlight - WOW!! Good for you! I don't know if I could have done it if I had been feeling that way; then again, I have absolutely NO willpower! :H

Really, though, you should check out the supplements. The kudzu really does help, as well as the l-glutamine. I've only been taking the kudzu for about a month, but have been taking 15 grams of l-glut per day since last Sept (?) and have had absolutely no negative side effects. The only thing I notice about the kudzu is that it seems to make me sleepy; but I figure better asleep than fall-down drunk; and for you probably better asleep than crawling the walls?

In any case, be very proud of yourself! I can't imagine the strength it took for you no to grab that bottle!

Comment

Scared!!!

Thanks all.

Am really giving the kudzu some serious thought today. Trying to make up my mind to go into town to get some.........appreciate that lots of members swear by the potency of the kudzu available through this site, but figuring on getting the Holland and Barratt stuff as I can`t get the M.W.O. variety in time for tonight and I figure poorer quality kudzu is better than none........

Starlight Impress

Comment

Scared!!!

Starlight,

Yep - if you can't get the MWO stuff - the Holland and Barrett stuff does work too.

I was needing some in a hurry recently and the H&B stuff was all I could get - but it still works to take the edge off the cravings.

Kudzu as mentioned previously is a traditional asian remedy that has been used for centuries - and my own research before using it always came up with "no known side effects at any dosage".

Not tried any other supps - so can't help there - But, I was pleasantly surprised how well the Kudzu worked, - you STILL need the willpower - it is not a magic bullet - but the edge is definitely taken off the cravings.
              It makes things a bit easier.

Take care

Satori
              xxx
              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Scared!!!

If you're having some anxiety, you might also get a good B complex as well as magnesium; these help with anxiety, and have been shown to be deficient (or at least very low) in people who are heavy drinkers (as well as for peeps w/generalised anxiety disorder and/or depression).

Comment

Scared!!!

Hey Star,

Glad you made it through the night. I can understand your reluctance re. the supps. I was the same at first but now I use, or intend to use every tool available to me. I don't use Kudzu but I use L-Glute which has been very effective for me. It is on sale at H & B right now so check it out.

I think you were tormented last night because you had it in the house with you. I know you buy a bottle each weekend and forgive me if I'm wrong but other than that I don't think you have it in. I've rushed through this thread slighlty because I'm in a hurry but if you haven't poured the wine down the sink do it asap.

I think you are having a little glitch, both myself and Lilac are experiencing it right now and all three of us are 3 weeks into changing our drinking habits.

Stay strong Starlight, you have been doing remarkably well. You can do this!!!!

Kitty
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                  Confucius

Comment

Scared!!!

(((Starlight))) Hon I've taken the Kudzu several times (not regularly because I've been drinking lately). I never had ANY side effects. I do believe it helped. Try it hon. What have you got to lose......climbing the walls is bad for your knees

Comment

Scared!!!

Hi Starlight,

Hang in there - I'm going through thesame kind of issues. My inner strength knows I shouldn't drink, but my brain says I need one. I think most of my issues is habit. I poured my first glass at 5 and didn't stop there. I try to keep occupied now at that time and once it passes I feel so proud of myself I'm glad I didn't give in.

It is tough and I have relented a couple of times, but didn't feel good about myself at all for giving in. Haven't tried Kudzu yet, but think I'll invest in some just so I've got some in the cupboard when I feel I need it.

I think I mentioned on an earlier thread (sorry if I'm repeating myself), but it's like losing weight - you'd dearly love chocolate or a cream cake but you know you shouldn't - why do you always crave the things that are bad for you?

Hope you got through your rough time - YOU CAN MAKE IT.
                      Sweet
                      xx:l

Comment

Scared!!!

Sweet Cheeks;159195 wrote: Edit.....- why do you always crave the things that are bad for you?
                        I think possibly it is BECAUSE they are bad for you that certain things generate craving!

I mean - If I want a good healthy salad - I just go and get one - no guilt trip required, no mental anguish, no struggle of good versus evil - I can even feel good about it while I am munching!

There is none of the "I want a salad - but I really shouldn't because it is bad for me. But I REALLY, REALLY want a salad!!!!" "AAAARGH! if only I could have a salad" kind of thing going on is there?

Satori
                        xxx
                        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Scared!!!

Spot on Satori,

Maybe if I went to hypnosis so that they can train my brain to think that a lettuce is a bottle of wine it would be win win all round as I'd lose weight to boot!

No, seriously you're right - why don't we crave the things that are good for us. If I could get inside my head I wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Take care
                          Sweet

Comment

Scared!!!

satori, what things can i get from h,b, i have no credit card to order from mwo, im taking vit b,d, calcium, iron , multi vits an cod liver oil, can i get things for cravings in HB, im going in town 2morr, would b so gratefull if u could point me in right direction,
                            i get so muddled tryin to remember y own name let alone all these supps, xxx
                            :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

Scared!!!

just read posts proper again, L glute right available in hb, an kuzudo, along with vits im taking, well just remembered i forgot today, as im not burping up the horrible iron taste, better go take em,

y is it anything good is a struggle, if it was drugs there would b no trouble but vitamins make me gag an wretch,
                              oh what a messed up way to b,
                              :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

Scared!!!

Rachel,
                                Not having a credit card doesn`t pose a problem for you............you can use paypal.........you can set up a paypal account online if you go to paypal`s website.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Working...
                                X