digestive problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digestive problems

Thanks, Rob! I will have to try something... dr. seems to have no idea other than to take pepto! Lab workups are OK so far...
    Tyfly, if you are in the same situation I was ( had to do something about my drinking more importantly than worrying about diarrhea), the program, the supps, everyone here, ME!, SOMETHING broke the daily cycle and the constant rut I was in. Having said that, now that I'm weaning off things, I find there have been a few times in the last months where I have overdrank. Less supps? Decreasing topa? Just letting myself go? I'm not sure, but I'm onto it...and have more will and tools than I ever did before to behave myself the vast majority more days than the overboard ones.
    I would say to give the program a shot for sure!
    It has changed my life and my attitude and awareness toward my drinking. I'm sure we'll get the tummy stuff resolved. My kids, my marriage, and my liver and brain came before that!
    :l Good luck, all.
    Becca

Comment

digestive problems

Sophiah, are you going to try that shake? Where do you get flaxseed oil? Groc. store or health food?
      Thanks!

Comment

digestive problems

Becca, I just did a google on the diet, and it was interesting. Hell, yeah, I'll try the shake, but I'm leaving the country in two days. But, yeah, I'll try anything. It sounds like the the thing will cure anything from cancer to warts. Anyway, do you want to try it with me? Google "budwig diet." I sent a private message to cv, too. She's probably heard of it.

Comment

digestive problems

in naturopathy, there is an old tried and true method that helps to clear nasties out of your system and also stop you from getting "stuck in the restroom". Basically it's a psyllium and bentonite shake. You mix a tsp of psyllium seed/husk powder, 1 tbsp of bentonite liquid with 10 oz of good water, shake it up, and drink it down FAST. Do not take this within 1 hour of taking nutrients because it does an excellent job of grabbing and mopping up everything in your system from the top to the end.:l

Comment

digestive problems

you can try some psyllium husk capsules..you can get them at the health food store, or any variation of fiber powder at the drug store..high fiber cereal..it will add fiber to your diet. I actually had the opposite problem when I first started and I adjusted...good luck, it's worth the adjustment..

Comment

digestive problems

I take fiber pill 1 in the morning and 2 at night. You have to build up to this though.

Although I can see that some are already getting fiber and it doesn't seem to be helping.
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

digestive problems

Digestive Problems

Have had the same problems. Finally went to a G.I. doctor. He told me to take Pepto Bismol caplets 4 or 5 times a day. NOT the liquid not the chewables but the caplets you just swallow. Take 2 before each meal and 2 before bedtime. Sometimes it works right away sometimes it takes 2 or more weeks to to kick in. Depends on the severity of your intestinal lining.
                Chuck

Comment

digestive problems

I took all the supplements at one time and boy was I sick.Glad to see I'm not alone.

Comment

digestive problems

I'm a teacher two and need to quickly get this "little problem" under control because is a week or two it's going to be a VERY BIG problem. I did try starting up my intestinal flora again to see if that helps. I'll let you know! GratefulEm

Comment

digestive problems

Hi Becca,

I'm a newbie at this only 4 weeks topa @75/day, but have had digestive issues, to be kind, since day one. They get wose when I drink. I stopped all of the supplements/all in one a couple of days ago and continued the topa and no improvement. I'm going to stop the topa and add each of the supplemets back into my diet every 3-4 days and see how it goes. There is a history of colon cancer in my immediate family and the digestive issues could cause me medical concerns. I'll let you know my progress.

Comment

digestive problems

Confusing

I'm back from my Asian experience. It was exciting, exhausting, and many other things, but what I want to talk about is what I opened this thread for in the first place. My digestive problems on topa have been pretty extreme, but I was so happy with it that I wanted to find anything to make it work. While in Japan, I cut back all my meds to the minimum of topa, and when I nearly didn't make it to a public toilet in Osaka after eating cabbage, I decided that I'd better quit for the rest of the trip. Once home, I was ready to gear up again, but the same problems returned. I then decided that I would try to do it on the supps only and do abs for a month. Then, I discovered that allone, gaba, l-gluta and kudzu gave me the same intestinal problems as topa. Then, just kudzu, and finally I started doing research on irritable bowel syndrome. My symptoms were completely consistent with that, and I decided to cut back on everything and try to heal my stomach lining with pro-biotics, yogurt and acidophilis. Now, my digestive system is working, with no pain, gas, bloating or diarrhea, but I am having alcohol cravings. I'm going to try to give myself this week off everything and then try to re-introduce meds slowly. I'm really confused and sad because the entire program worked so beautifully for me and gave me so much hope. I woke up this morning and cried from frustration.

Comment

digestive problems

boy my hubby has IBS. and what a mess that can be.
                          you should send BECCA a personal email. she REALLYYYYY suffered from the topa. maybe she can help you to some degree.'
                          i can only imagine how frustrated you must be. I know i would be
                          best of luck to you . keep posting.
                          luci

Comment

digestive problems

Same problem as the rest of you...

I finally cut out the All in One...and have been "Solid" ever since!!!. My food had been running thru me for about the past month, was sick of taking fiber pills, gobbling down Imodium and Kaopectate, running thru toilet paper, cleaning the toilet, baby powdering my poor booty...etc, etc!!! I take everything else..never stopped the Topa (that is my lifeline!!!) and am back to solid now! So that is my story. Not going back to that All in One stuff. May be good for some..but not for this body:thumbs:

Comment

digestive problems

All One

We've actually got some people testing a product that may serve as a substitute for those with a sensitive digestive system. Dr. Garcia, our medical director (who recommends pro-biotics; says they're great) believes it may be the dairy base in All One that some find bothersome. We want to make sure folks get all those amino acids along with vitamins and minerals--without taking more supps--but certainly try to avoid the gasto problems.

RJ
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

digestive problems

substitute

Thanks, RJ. I've been perusing your website and really appreciate your continuing involvement. Because your book so completely describes my own experience, I am so relieved to know that you are still with all of us like a guardian angel and that whatever is out there, you are right on it and ready to pass it along. It might be easy for you to call your job done with the program you have started, but you continue to investigate new things. My goal would be to do what you are doing with moderation, and that is why my physical problems with the meds and supps have been so discouraging.

Comment

Working...
                                X