Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digestive problems

I haven't given up

What I want to be able to do it to take some combination of topamax, kudzu, and whatever else it takes and be able to occasionally have the option of drinking. I don't have recommendations to anyone else, and, as I said, I'm making another attempt at introducing first one supplement (I guess kudzu) and then another, gradually, and see if I can find a formula that works. The program is magnificent. When I first started, I felt exactly the way RJ described her experience in the book. I couldn't believe it. I especially liked what she said about the "rules" she had for drinking, even when she was drinking excessively. It made me laugh at myself. That was me, even though I was always mentally checking whether there would be enough wine. That's why, when I first started and could drink one or two glasses at the most or not at all, I was elated. I could actually go back and be normal. I want everyone to be able to experience that feeling on these medications, even if it eludes me, but that doesn't mean I'm not still working on a formula that will work. I'm hoping that when I've given my gut a chance to rest, and I've taken a week of pro-biotics, I'll be able to begin again, but more gradually this time and more carefully. I'm also taking a month of abs, since I haven't done that before. But I must tell you. Finding this web site was like having the heavens open. I read the book in one day, and it was a whisper from a spiritual sister. I don't mean to sound like a downer on the boards. I'm very gung-ho, but I'm having to adjust my expectations a little and work with my body a little. Every aspect of the program, finding it, practicing it, using the hypnosis (by the way, I've expanded to listening to Tibetan Tantric chanting as well) and exercise (since I have osteoporosis--gasp! just found out--I ordered a video from the Osteoporosis Foundation, and I do that every other day, alternating with working out on the elliptical exerciser at school.) Anyway, there is not a breathing moment of my day that I am not grateful for all of it, even the times I'm discouraged. I'm going to get there with the meds. I really want to. If not, I'll still be doing the rest of the program.

Comment

digestive problems

I am lactose intolerant and cannot do anything that has a dairy base to it---and, powered formulas with a dairy base are particularly offensive!! All-in-One makes a rice-based formula that I am using--no lactose.
      AF Since April 20, 2008
      4 Years!!!
      :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
      X