Anti-drinking drugs and binge drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys.. i am a topa drop out as well. depression seemed to worsen. i hear you have to take naltrexone everytime you drink for the rest of your life.. but it obviousally lessens.. also, in your opinion, does naltrexone lessen the pleasure of drinking? it takes away the "high" right?

Comment

Hi
      My twopennies worth. I too lost my mum to cancer after bitter struggle and became aware of increase in drinking steadily from that time. Maybe brakes came off, don't know. Life has continued and I function alcohollicly(sp?) through it, including two babies, marriage, promotion etc. But too much drink and will catch up with me, and at times already has. Am wodering about antabuse ( need to know I simply cannot drink ).Is it safe to try without med support?
      Pipsqueak

Comment

This is my two cents. I saw my doc this morning and he is the one who perscribes me my Naltrexone. I was talking to him about insurance and he told me that alcoholic is not a medically recognized term. (technically). He said it is either alcohol dependent, (drink every day) or alcohol abuser ( someone who abuses alcohol not daily). I guess it is splitting hairs but he told me that. Thought I'd share. Good luck all.

Comment

I fit into the catagory of an alcohol abuser. Someone who does not use everyday but when they do, it's a problem usually. I take Naltrexone but occasionally the Naltrexone makes me feel worse than drinking does. Go Figure!

Comment

Working...
          X