Naltrexone more than once a day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took 25mg earlier today because even though I didn't really want a drink b/c I had no hangover woo hoo! I was afraid I might have a drink anyway. I didn't. I don't have any desire to drink tonight but it is my husbands night with the kids and I am supposed to go out. I am going to my friends. Can I or should I take another 25 if there is a chance I will drink? How long does the dose last? Or will I be OK from the 1st 25 mg?
    thanks tm
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

more than once a day

Hi twinsmommy,

Check out this thread:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ght-30963.html

and this website:

thesinclairmethod.com • Index page

If you are not drinking, you should not be taking naltrexone.
    ?Perversity is the human thirst for self torture.? ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Hi there,
      I would take another 25 an hour before you have a drink tonight. I've done that before and I was fine.

Comment

Hi Twins Mummy!

Well, we'll be on day 3 of NAL together (Thursday, whatever timezone you're in!).

My understanding is if you take it 1hr before you're due to go out and have a drink - so lunchtime or evening. It then takes the initial "buzz" out of the 1st AL drink you have.

Whether it's the honeymoon period (like MARBELLA warned) or the placebo effect, but I thought I'd try it yesterday and today - yesterday 3/4 of a glass of red wine took 3hrs 15 mins to drink (?) and tonight, just 1/2 glass of white wine over a period of about 2 hours.

Now before anybody says "why bother" - the reason I'M taking Nal is that I just want to be able to Mod - OK!?!? I just want to be able to SHARE a bottle of wine rather than be wrestling my husband or best friend for the bottle :H To be quite honest, I could have taken or left it yesterday and tonight and to be honest, I'll probably not bother tomorrow but regardless I'm going to continue taking the 25mg approx 1hr before my "witching hour!". MARBELLA said that some go up to 50mg but I'm keeping on 25mg for a while - especially as I'm getting a real sickness feeling - are you?

:fingers: for us! I'll keep you posted and will be interested to see how you're doing too! x

Comment

Hi photogirl. I have been taking 50mg daily. Because I drink daily. In the beginning I was doing great, really didn't drink much. Recently though I have been drinking a lot. I do have PMS and I have noticed in the past that my drinking always gets worse just before that time of the month. Don't know why. I am going to stick with the Naltrexone, I just hope I see improvement soon.
          One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

I actually really preferred Baclofen over nal and it is less expensive with no side effectives for me.....other than it took away all desire for me to drink. you may want to read the book called, "End of my Addiction " by Dr.Oliver Ameisen. You can drink on Baclofen but you almost have to force it down your throat..so why bother ??? There is no magic pill but meds sure did help give me the added help that it took for me to stop and stay stopped !!!!!!
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
            X