Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Naltrexone Log

Christy,

Thank you for sharing and I am thrilled for you.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

I feel wonderful and hopefull about not drinking though I do have one question, does anyone else feel light headed from the Nal? It's almost bothersome. Don't get me wrong, I love that I am not drinking as much and while I am feeling 'off' I certainly don't feel like drinking, but this feeling is.....strange.

I am on week 2, week 3 will begin on Tuesday of next week, so I suppose I've been on for a week and a half. It would make sense to have side effects this long.

I am hoping that there's someone out there that has felt or is feeling the same, and someone will tell me it will pass.
      AF July 6 2014

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

Pete1;628070 wrote: I am having a similar experience Chrysa. I had no desire to drink on the Topa, but I just couldn't handle the stuff. The initial drinking on Nal is the same too, I could stop early, but I am afraid to for some reason- and if I drink enough, I get good and drunk even with the Nal.

I am only in week two, but I am going to have to apply some dicipline here and try to cut down on the amount of drinking. My understanding of TSM is that you have to drink for it to work, but you don't have to drink as much as you used to- especially as in my case where that is a dangerous amount to be drinking.
        Pete,

You and I started around the same time. We should keep in touch with our progess, feelings, etc. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts and feelings.

I am also on TSM under the very same name. You can PM me any time in either forum.

Christy
        AF July 6 2014

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

Zenstyle;627377 wrote: If you check back here christyacc, I'd be interested to heard what you heard about baclofen... Thanks!
          Hello Zen!

I have heard scary things about Baclofen. I have heard it's a very addictive drug. If you go onto thesinclairmethod.com • Index page, you will find some posts there about it.

I thought the mixture seemed like a miracle cocktail so to speak, however, I am only in week 2 of the nal and will stick to it. It really seems to be doing it's thing. I realize there is a honeymoon period, but as was suggested to me, IF I spike in a couple weeks, I wil remember the hope and the effects that the Nal produced and that will get me over the hump. Does that make sense?
          AF July 6 2014

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

Zenstyle;628732 wrote: I'm going to start a thread about "drinking through the meds". We've all done it Chrysa. Let's discuss it and see if we can find some solutions. It really does take the wind out of your sails when you do that, doesn't it?

Been there, done it, got the feckin t-shirt... got a few of them actually... :upset:
            Zen,

Are you taking Nal? Are you doing TSM? In order for it to work, you have to drink some. That is how the extinction works.

Don't get me wrong, I am not lecturing.....I hope it isn't taken that way.
            AF July 6 2014

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

Hi Chrysa - yes I felt lightheaded...disoriented. I remember the first few weeks holding my head at night because I just felt shakey and weird...I also couldn't adjust my eyes enough to read some nights...does that help? I don't see in my log exactly when it went away, but I know the first 2 weeks were bad and then by week 4 it was totally gone. Hang in there - it's a normal reaction, nothing to worry about, but a pain. I remember writing at TSM that I was going to drink every night for the first 4 weeks and then I couldn't wait to get off of Nal because I hated it...was planning to take a week off...well by week 4, I couldn't feel anything and the memory of the side effects was fading quickly, so i just continued on with the treatment.

Best of luck - you are doing great

Hi Pete1 & Christyacc - I just realized you are both over at TSM as well :l

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

Hey..you guys are great. I will probably throw in the towel here. I am sure I am much older than most of you (I am 63) & I have to be careful. At the very lowest dose I have all those symptoms & not functioning well w/or w/out drinking wine at night.

I can truly see the benefits of this drug & I think if I were stronger & younger I woudl stick with it and I encourage all of you to do so if youare feeling positive about it!! . I have been through quite a bit & I hope I know my body.

I may rethink this in a few days.

I think that topic of "drinking/not drinking through the meds" is an excellent one.

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

Aww..you need to do what's best for you, of course.

I hope you change your mind and stick with it at the 1/2 x 25 mg dose for a little longer...but I understand if you are worried about your health - it's scary going through this without the aid of a doctor and maybe the older we get the harder it is to tolerate the side effects, I had not thought about that.

You can always come back to it if you change your mind. It really has changed my life for the better...and I don't feel like I'm on a medication at all at this point. My results may not be 100% typical of others but I think most who are trying the method are happy that they have the medication as a tool to help them get sober and that they stuck through the side effect phase.

Wishing you the best, Chyrsa :h

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

hi all, hope you don't mind if I jump on here. I received my Nal last week and still haven't gotten up the guts to take it! Partly because of my worries about its digestive effects ... I am really prone to intestinal troubles (perhaps in part through the unholy amount of wine I drink ? Anyway, it is really helpful/interesting to read about what others are going thru. Thank you for this thread.
                    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

Dex, it seems alot of people feel like that when it arrives!!

I would recommend just starting with a tiny dose- say 10mg.

Then when your are sure you don't feel anything on that titrate up, it worked well for me like that.

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

chrysa;629192 wrote: Hey..you guys are great. I will probably throw in the towel here. I am sure I am much older than most of you (I am 63) & I have to be careful. At the very lowest dose I have all those symptoms & not functioning well w/or w/out drinking wine at night.

I can truly see the benefits of this drug & I think if I were stronger & younger I woudl stick with it and I encourage all of you to do so if youare feeling positive about it!! . I have been through quite a bit & I hope I know my body.

I may rethink this in a few days.

I think that topic of "drinking/not drinking through the meds" is an excellent one.
                        Chrysa

I felt very strange on the nal at first- I aborted my 1st attempt but the second time starting on the tiny dose seemed to work...

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

thanks Marbella and all!
                          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

dexterhead;629818 wrote: hi all, hope you don't mind if I jump on here. I received my Nal last week and still haven't gotten up the guts to take it! Partly because of my worries about its digestive effects ... I am really prone to intestinal troubles (perhaps in part through the unholy amount of wine I drink ? Anyway, it is really helpful/interesting to read about what others are going thru. Thank you for this thread.
                            Hi Dexter!

I have to say, I haven't had any intestinal issues. I have merely been lightheaded and tired. That's all.....

A few have felt nausea, and they start off at 1/2 of 25mgs and tirate from that.

Don't be afraid! It has worked for me tremendously! I came home to a VERY stressful situation today and to be honest, the last thing I felt like doing was drinking! So far today I am AF....first time in some time. I don't feel like drinking. Now, I am in my second week, honeymoon period, but I will take it! lol

Best of luck!

Christy
                            AF July 6 2014

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

christyacc;628728 wrote: Pete,

You and I started around the same time. We should keep in touch with our progess, feelings, etc. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts and feelings.

I am also on TSM under the very same name. You can PM me any time in either forum.

Christy
                              Yeah, lets do that. You can PM me either place too. My drinking is down by maybe a third so far. I have very little side effects, so I am going to stick with it. I drink a lot (pre- Sinclaire is about 120 drinks) so I expect it to take a while, but I won't give up.

Comment

A Naltrexone Log

Pete1;630902 wrote: Yeah, lets do that. You can PM me either place too. My drinking is down by maybe a third so far. I have very little side effects, so I am going to stick with it. I drink a lot (pre- Sinclaire is about 120 drinks) so I expect it to take a while, but I won't give up.
                                Awesome! You are doing well! Congratulations! I feel like this is doing wonders for me as well. I was about 80 pre-Sinclair and today was the end of my second week and I had 28.5 units! Ok, yes, I realize that it will vary, but it gives me SOOO much hope. I won't give up hope.
                                AF July 6 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X