Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Hello Everybody,

I have been feeling better and have decided to not go up anymore and maybe go down a little after a week or two.

Did not drink last night and didn't want to.

Have a great day.
    Shas
    Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

That is wonderful! Wow, you, Cindi and Zen all at your "switch" doses already!

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Yeah everyone is doing so great!! I am still working on getting to my magic dose. But I will get there!
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Update

Just a flyby update for me as I have alot on this weekend hopefully I will get on this site more when not as busy.

Well I went down to 30mg x 4 just to see if my dizzyiness would abate on a lower dose.

Well the cravings have come back! I had an extra 10mg at my witching hour and that did help.

We were at a restaurant last night for stepdaughters 16th birthday and it was really weird for me.

Can't say I really wanted to drink but felt that I was missing something but wasn't sure what.

I looked around and saw couples and largers groups drinking wine but not drinking fast and all seemed so carefree. They looked like they could take it or leave it.

The young couple next table looked like they were having a good time and they left at least a third of their glass of red in their glass and at least a third of the bottle when they paid their bill!

That would have never been me! Ever (I would have been trying to work out how much al I had at home so could keep on drinking)

So then I relaxed as I realised I would never be able to do that and so in reality all I was missing was about 1 and abit glasses of wine.

I know I can handle that.

Today I am going to take 35mg x 4 and see how I go.

I have ordered the good doc's book as am going to take a more regulated approach.

I hope everybody else is OK will try to catch up soon.

I am going to keep my thread going as I need this for me, to follow my progress and be able to go back and read how far I have come.

Take Care
          Shas

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Shas, glad you are OK. I was wondering how you were going.
            I was never able to take it or leave it either.
            I think its easier just to leave it.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Hi

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me crashing your club?

:new:

I found this thread through Google a couple of weeks ago. Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for providing a wealth of valuable and (most importantly) believable information about this new treatment. I heard about it on the internet and didn't realise there was an established community out there but I should have known there would be resourceful people like me out there :-).

I didn't get a prescription as I thought my doctor wouldn't know much about it; instead I went straight to one of the Indian RX sites, did the rest of you do the same or get prescriptions? I know it's not advised to self-medicate but I really think this is one of these situations in life where you have to think outside the box and bend the rules a little bit, and of course I did plenty of research to make sure that baclofen is a "safe" drug to take.

A little bit of background on me, I'm in Australia, I have not really made the psychological step to admit that I'm an alcoholic (though it's nice to use this anonymous persona to test drive the idea)... I was drinking a lot with work (entertaining clients) and socially, and suddenly one week I realised that I couldn't remember the last night I hadn't been drinking. And the volumes I consumed had risen drastically. After a few months trying to stop the cycle I started to figure that I might have a problem. And now here I am.

I've been taking about 80mg a day and I agree with the consensus that this seems like a silver bullet. My problem doesn't sound as bad as others in this thread and any cravings (physical or habitual) have completely disappeared. It's staggering to think that this treatment hasn't been widely popular before now and I feel lucky that I'm a part of the revolution (as someone else put it).

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and tell you that reading all your messages has been both heart-warming and a big boost in confidence for me. It's nice to know that there are people out there going through the same thing as me and making changes for the better - something which seemed so hard to do before I started this treatment.

:thanks:

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Zenstyle;649962 wrote: Zman... This is what I'm aiming for too... Moderate social drinking (1 to 3 drinks) every now and then.

I've done 3 weeks AF and had a lot of days AF since then before starting the 30 day AF I'm on now. (I just started Week 3) so I feel that the 30 days will probably be enough for me. If I get there and feel it's not, then I'll continue AF until I feel I would be OK to try to moderate responsibly.

The great thing about Baclofen is that it gives us the ability to make these decisions with a rational mind. Being AF on Baclofen, once you reach your right dosage, is a doddle in my humble opinion... I white knuckled the 3 weeks and every single AF day before Baclofen.

As you dose up on the Baclofen I would caution you against drinking huge amounts of AL. Baclofen may minimally have increased the buzz when I drank on it in the early stages - but it also MAJORLY increased my hangover.

Could you write me into your Will too please? Thanks.
                WOW, Zenny.....I hadn't really thought about modding on Baclofen BUT maybe it's possible ??? I would be scared to death to try it without but Bac does give me a feeling of being in control. I will watch others and see if this is something they are sucessful with ??? It would be a wonderful bonus .....or maybe not ???
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

:welcome: TakingItEasy (from here on out to be referred to as TIE)!

I also got my Baclofen from overseas. I have ordered from River and 4rx and the River order came in 4 days and I'm still waiting for 4rx. I think everyone here has put them on back order!

Fee free to join us on the "More the Merrier" Baclofen thread. There are several of us posting our progress there.

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Shas, thanks for updating us about your progress. Interesting thoughts about watching the couple who left a 1/3 bottle of wine (hasn't happened for years with me around) - and that if you could drink normally like them it would only be 1 1/2 glasses of wine. Someone started a thread in General (Cat 42?) about "No, I don't want to be a normal drinker" that was thought provoking. It is so wonderful to see so many people having success with this.
                    Welcome Taking It Easy!

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Update for me!

Well I am abit stressed at the moment (as if that's unusual for me lately) as I didn't realise that I was getting low on the baclofen.

Ordered it from 4rx last Friday but only have enough for about 9 days so hope it comes it time.

I don't fancy having to explain to doctor why I need it so desperately.

I am not going to stress...........that's my new mantra.

I have ordered the book from the good doctor so looking forward to reading that as I have only been getting advice from Bill.P (God love him!) and all you good people...seriously what would I do without you all.

Had a look at inhouse pharmacy and it's same price as 4rx but no shipping cost which is about $56 US saving for me.

Just need to remember to order it early!

TIE Welcome!

I think the knowledge that I am coping without the crazy anxiety that I used to have when trying to AF, makes it easier to talk myself out of not drinking if you know whatI mean and to be quite honest it is only a fleeting thought nowadays anyway!

Take Care
                      Shas

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Hi Shas new to the Bac thread but just wanted to say there are other places 4rx are great however i see you are in OZ and I get mine from In house pharmacy they supply a generic called "PACIFEN" its the New Zealand Bacolfen here is a link Consumer Medicine Information and where i get mine Inhouse Pharmacy - Supplying a wide range of Prescription and Non-Prescription Medications Online including Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Ventolin, Singulair.. and some reviews of the place In House Pharmacy (www inhousepharmacy com) Reviews Im on 80mg and sober for 2 and half weeks ( however still think I need to go up) the best thing my anxiety has dissapated but the somolence is hard as I have a job that I need to be on the ball. enough from me hope you get the freedom you deserve you seem to really want it good for you !!!!! all the best
                        P.S In house charge in US dollars!!!!!! so compared to the oz dollar 56 will cost you 72
                        Banned

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Glad to hear your progress oliveoyl! Keep us posted.

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Going Strong;656992 wrote: Well I am abit stressed at the moment (as if that's unusual for me lately) as I didn't realise that I was getting low on the baclofen.

Ordered it from 4rx last Friday but only have enough for about 9 days so hope it comes it time.
                            Please consider titrating down if you don't think you could obtain an emergency prescription from your doctor - it is extremely dangerous to suddenly stop taking baclofen.

You could reduce your dosage by 10mg every day or every two days. That way you will have more time to wait for the additional baclofen to arrive.

4rx seems to be having some trouble lately with keeping up with all the demand for baclofen, so I would immediately place an order with another pharmacy to hedge your bets. Inhousepharmacy, goldpharma, and alldaychemist all have good prices on baclofen.

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Shas, Are you still at 120mg/day? Hopefully you can tirate down a bit and still have good effect. Maybe take less in the am and before bed? So you still have the 30mg before the temptation hr. I think billyb's suggestion of ordering from one of the other companies is good. I'm sure 4rx is scratching their head at the sudden demand! I would offer to help but I'm too far away.

Comment

Shas's Baclofen Thread

Hey,

Thanks Guys,

I will slowly go down for a while and see how I go.

Feel silly that I didn't realise I was getting low.

Hey Billyboy was wondering about you.

It's good to know that you are still around!

Take Care
                                Shas

Comment

Working...
                                X